PDA

View Full Version : 43 Course, 1 FTS, Linton on Ouse 30th Anniversary Reunion

Madbob
21st May 2009, 17:11
I don't know if my old BFT course is unique but we have been having regular reunions every five years and the next one in November will be our 30th.

Anyway, in the hope that some of them are PPRuNers I thought I'd start this thread, even at the risk of revealing who I really am (or used to be) behind my PPRuNe callsign, and to see if other courses keep in touch too.

One distinguishing thing about this course was that whilst none of us got further up the promotion pole than Wg Cdr, whether by luck or good training from our QFI's, none of us have either been killed in a flying accident or had to resort to the M-B let-down.

Can't wait to see everyone again and to re-visit Ye Olde Starre pub in York and sample the odd pint of Samuel Smiths again. In no particular order the course graduates included:-

RP
DH
KW
MB
GM
SL
RH (aka Dick)
IT
MB
RW (aka Dick)
DB
NA
RA
and DL (who finished his cse at Cranwell but started with 43)

Please feel free to PM me guys; it is great to stay in touch after so long.

MB

cazatou
21st May 2009, 20:22
You must forgive an old Truckie - but if you have a reunion every 5 years, and the next one will be your 30th, does that mean that you got your wings in the Crimean Campaign?

I think the current Lord Cardigan may wish to speak with you in respect of your Recce sorties if that is the case.

:ok:

Sorry - couldn't resist!!