PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter where you get your licence?

LadyDwarf
21st May 2009, 14:53
Hello everybody!!!

I work for an UK airline as a cabin crew, but hope to start a pilot training this year. I can't afford doing it in UK so decided to train in my home country - Poland, but after obtaining my licence I'd like to work for an airline back here.

The question is does it matter during recruitment process where you got your licence???

CAT3C AUTOLAND
21st May 2009, 15:00
LadyDwarf,

Well to the world of a pilot :ok:. As long as you have the ticks in the right boxes and the required licence, it makes no difference at all.

Enjoy your training.

GBB
21st May 2009, 16:34
Lady,
May I know where are you going to do you training in Poland?
I dont think there that many schools in Poland ot train you all the way form 0-fATPL (mod. or integrated).
Most of the flying clubs will offer just PPL training and other stuff such as gliders and so on... Most of polish pilots (LOT and others) come from military backgroud.
I had a look at some polish school about a year ago and everything was very expensive.

LadyDwarf
21st May 2009, 18:18
Hey GBB!!!

I was thinking about doing it in school called Runway (runway.pl) in Warsaw. Was thinking about going there next month, have a chat and see what they can offer and maybe take the introduction course. It says on their webside that they can organize all courses. I don't think I'll do it in one go. Was thinking 3 years maybe. Working as cabin crew during the summer and training in winter.
I know it's expensive but still cheaper then in UK and I can stay with my family so won't have to pay all the living expenses.

LH2
21st May 2009, 19:18
FWIW, depending where you live in Poland you might be able to look at schools across the border in Germany, or perhaps Czech Republic. Should give you more options and Germany will probably be cheaper.

perceval
22nd May 2009, 12:20
quite a few options in Czech republic .Worth checking out .Definitely cheaper and there's an FTO in most major cities besides Prague .Also a very nice CAA to work with .

zerotohero
23rd May 2009, 19:08
nope,

unless you want to go straight to BA,, then go Oxford and pass everything with flying colours.

ford cortina
23rd May 2009, 21:16
NO,

B737 Driver, Classic and NG, in Africa, enjoying myself:ok:

Dreamshiner
24th May 2009, 16:03
I would say no, but in my experience (FAA then converting to UK CAA) a lot of people during the conversion process looked down their nose at me and my little credit card sized licence.

Issue is, flying here in the UK is seen as the modern golf club, lots of rules and elitist to a degree, in other countries its more inclusive and less stuffy in my humble opinion.

With hindsight I would have done it the same way just avoided the schools I used here and went elsewhere.

I would say to you what I said to them, a Cessna stalls at the same airspeed in American air as it does in British except it is hired for half the price per hour.