PDA

View Full Version : BBC i-player to non-UK server

Lon More
21st May 2009, 12:39
Anybody had any experience with this? (http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/info/uk-tv-streaming?gclid=CNb185K2zZoCFYEI3godjiVW4A)

Sprogget
21st May 2009, 12:56
No but there are plenty of proxy hosts to fool servers knocking about. One looked into this in order to watch the wire on Hulu. Gave up when I realised Hulu only stores a few clips & not episodes.

Anyway, in the course of digging around for that particular bit of naughtiness, one found that proxy servers are regularly defeated by the hosts altering the algorithms used to detect ip locations & so the usefulness of such services is usually short lived.

HighlandBoy
21st May 2009, 17:00
Would a slingbox defeat your problem?:ok::}

crewmeal
22nd May 2009, 05:52
Lon More - I've just sent off for the free trial. I'll let you know how I get on

crewmeal
23rd May 2009, 05:02
I signed up to the free trial which is for 48 hours. After following their instructions I set it up and was rather disappointed to find that you can't download programmes on iplayer for 30 days as it still knows you're not in the UK. Playback was very jittery with frequent pauses. The ITV player was the same. I watched BBC news from the UK live which was fine no pauses at all.

Is it worth £10 a month? Not sure on that