PDA

View Full Version : Etihad dispatch

jackdaniels
21st May 2009, 10:06
Howdy fellas...
Just a quick question, I was considering moving into the UAE with Etihad for DX position. I did the telephone interview and I will be notified in a couple of weeks.
If someone knows some facts, salary figures, lifestyle and cost of life pls share, any advices and hints are very much appreciated.

tks
JD

Kanuk
21st May 2009, 20:49
I was actually looking for samething specially the paysacle.Life style is fantastic in UAE oF course depending on your salary.If you find out firts please share the info .

Kanuk
9th Jun 2009, 16:44
Any idea how much is paying Etihad or Emirate as flight dispather.???

Schibulsky
11th Jun 2009, 12:17
Life style is fantastic in UAE
Where do you get this rumour from? :ugh::ugh::ugh:
Just check out the posts on the middle east forum, and these guys are on a much better salary!!
My personal consequence after 2 years UAE:
Happy to quit and say good bye to 300.000+ Dhs/year and the :mad::yuk: lifestyle!!!
You have been warned!:cool:

Austin_Danger_Powers
13th Jun 2009, 14:42
@kanuk

where did you got those infos about the UAE :confused:

Life sucks there, especially at Abu Dhabi.
Have been there for the dispatch interview 2 Years ago.

First of all: the interview is a joke. Just stupid questions and no details about the job...They didn t even allow us to have a look at the OCC. :ooh:

After approx 10 Minutes i got the job and they got me the contract.
The sallary was ridiculus and the contract was full of very nice surprises :=

I told them, that my actual salary is more thay 3 times higher and i wished them good luck for their search for an idiot.

I know someone who stayed with EY as a dispatcher and he told me that the best thing in life was to quit this job and say good bye to the ****in sandpit.

be warned!!! Those guys at EY dont respect anybody and the sallary sucks

jackdaniels
13th Jun 2009, 15:55
The facts is EY is the only one currently hiring despite the current economic and aviation crisis. A friend of mine is going as FO on A330 and a lot of guys from other companies are migrating in EY. so I guess if we weight the pros and cons then in this case I can easily adjust to 45C

Austin_Danger_Powers
14th Jun 2009, 06:38
sorry, but EY is no longer hiring OCC staff...

and by the way: the really big problems starts, when you r trying to quit the job. believe me :mad:

jackdaniels
14th Jun 2009, 08:55
like what?

Austin_Danger_Powers
14th Jun 2009, 13:08
just one thing: at the UAE the company you work for, has to agree to many things. If they dont agree, you are the :mad:

junkfms
16th Jun 2009, 08:46
by having read this thread it seems that all are happy to leave the sandpit. are there any good reasons to be there?:confused:

desertwarrior
16th Jun 2009, 13:35
Look Guys,

I work there. Just remember everything is relative. Some hate the place, some are indifferent, and many like Abu Dhabi. Overall my own experience at Etihad has been positive, if you are flexible and patient, the pros eventually outweigh the cons. Remember the grass is always greener...

Good Luck

DW