PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Flying Academy

SV_741_India_Bravo
20th May 2009, 04:45
Hi everyone,
Anyone from MFA out there?
I have an FAA CPL/IR looking to do the AFI there.
What are the chances of employment after doing the AFI?
Any advice on MFA/ conversion of faa license would be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

msian1147
20th May 2009, 17:38
wow u have no idea mate..we're running out of instructors over here...

AFI course's always opened

im not so sure about the license conversion from FAA, although there's 1 Pakistani instructor with canadian license, who managed to get a job here..

Gd Luck!:ok:

emb145gearslinger
20th May 2009, 21:03
I would say your chances are very good. Their pay is pretty bad though. It is only about $1,600 per month. I can't remember if housing was included or not, but I don't think it is.

watchyourairspeed
20th May 2009, 21:56
Greetings SV,

Plenty has been said about MFA over the past times. Click on the Search pbt and follow the lead. :hmm:

If you are looking for flt time logging and monetary compensation you are better off heading to other "greener pastures" ( Kota Bahru / Bintulu or Langkawi).

As for AFI course, in Malaysia per se I wouldn't recommend it. Overall poor quality, out-dated (militarized) standards + local Instructors lacking in knowladge, a patronizing "malaysian boleh" type of attitude and we could go on and on ... :oh:

Mind asking - Why don't you have a QFI in the FAA lic. ?

Good luck and safe flying.

WYA

SV_741_India_Bravo
21st May 2009, 06:24
Hi everyone,
thankyou for your replies.
Actually my family is relocating out of the US.
I myself am from Pakistan actually. Right now from what I have researched and can afford either to do a Flight Instructor rating from Pakistan, or Malaysia. And by the way, I am 19, I hope that wont be a problem.....
No green pastures here for sure, so i was just curious about malaysia.
I had actually asked HM about doing the AFI and staying on there, they told me that Malaysian DGCA has a 500 hr requirement for any expats. Any ideas about that?
I also contacted MFA but I havent recieved a reply yet.....
Thanks for your replies, really appreciate it.

tian yu
21st May 2009, 08:01
I heard you need to fly 35 ME + 10 SE inclusive of IR to convert your license to Malaysian DCA approved license? Can anybody verify this? :)