PDA

View Full Version : Canadians onshore and UNIONS!

cpdude
19th May 2009, 01:01
As of Jan 2010 Canadians will be onshore. Which Union are they going to join? CALPA, Teamsters, CUPE? Should be interesting!:)

Rook
19th May 2009, 06:11
Well CALPA is defunct so I don't think it would be that one. Most likely ALPA. Prey to god it's not anyone else.

HardRock
19th May 2009, 13:00
I want Jimmy Hoffa poppin' knee caps.

air pressure
10th Jun 2009, 16:21
Have the boys been giving this some serious discussion...?:ok:

Humber10
10th Jun 2009, 16:23
TO QUOTE CARTMANs MOM 'Blame Canada':}

broadband circuit
11th Jun 2009, 02:24
Actually, it was Kyle's Mum who sang "Blame Canada".

Of note, Cartman sang a song about her entitled "Kyle's Mum's a Bitch"

8driver
11th Jun 2009, 04:16
How many of you have any actual experience with ALPA? I have better than 14 years worth and none of it was worth writing home about. It would be 21 years if I was still employed at an ALPA carrier. Let me put it this way, if you don't work for a "legacy" carrier you don't count. Never have and most likely never will, although the way things are going they will have to do more for the small fry sooner rather than later. Any Cathay subsidiary onshore in Canada won't be close to "legacy", just a nice write up in the monthly ALPO rag.

I still wouldn't cross the street to p*** on Duane Worthless if he was on fire. At least he didn't get the FAA administrator job, that prospect was downright scary. :eek:

4 driver
11th Jun 2009, 04:28
Canadian based Cabin Crew are not required to "volunteer" for SLS.
Apparently the company approached their union (not FAU) and the response was not what CX was used to getting.

8driver
11th Jun 2009, 04:33
Well....... I do have my 10 year pin and they still send me the rag for free. Comes in handy when I can't get up to Costco for toilet paper. So I guess they have given me something.