PDA

View Full Version : Fusitsu Siemens V5515

chrisellio
17th May 2009, 16:09
Does anyone know if it is possible to do a factory reset on the above (no discs supplied when bought new so I guess you can but I don't know how)

Chris

Saab Dastard
17th May 2009, 16:32
What do you mean by "factory reset"?

Do you mean reset the BIOS to factory defaults? Or do you mean to completely wipe the OS and re-install from scratch?

If the former, then see the manual (http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/manuals.html)

If you need to re-install the OS, you will need to get hold of installation media - unless there's a hidden partition on the original hard disk. Again, refer to the manual.

SD

chrisellio
17th May 2009, 16:38
Sorry I intend wiping the machine back to as supplied. As far as I can remember there was no paperwork supplied with the machine.

hellsbrink
17th May 2009, 18:27
According to the manual, it should have a recovery CD AND another CD for reinstalling drivers and devices after using the recovery CD. I think tat's actuall standard for Fujitsu Siemens machines.

If you don't have them, your only option is to reinstall Winblows using a regular Winblows install disk a,d download any missing drivers from the Fujitsu site.

Manual can be downloaded here:- support manuals.html Fujitsu (http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/manuals.html)

Relevant section on page 75

You can reinstall the operating system with the "Windows Recovery CD" and
the "Drivers & Utilities" CD/DVD.
The instructions are provided on the case of the Recovery CD.
During the reinstall process your personal files and any installed programs
will be deleted. We advise you to backup your files to an external hard
drive, or CD / DVD disk before you start.

srobarts
18th May 2009, 21:19
All the FS PCs we have had have come with a Windows CD and a drivers cd/dvd. The Windows Product Key is on a sticker on the base of laptops and on the side or top of desktops. As FS or your supplier for copies of the disks. If you are starting afresh installation I suggest that you update the BIOS and download the latest drivers for the new installation.