PDA

View Full Version : Serco, Dubai metro, 4000 dirams, BE, technician???

sankarganesh_eee
17th May 2009, 13:29
Hi Friends,

I got an offer from serco for dubai metro as a technician for 4000 drms.
But am getting 23000INR in bangalore as an engineer, is it ok to join in serco.
Will i get promotion quickly.
am a single.
Is this packge is ok to live and save something.

please advice.
Appreciate your reply soon

h3dxb
18th May 2009, 05:04
fixed exchange rate is 3.66 AED = 1 USD so you will earn little bit more than 1100 $, when this is Ok for You ? Cost of living is really high in Dubai . You have to compare with yr home city.

rgds

ABS786
20th May 2009, 14:54
HI THERE,
Dude i am living in dubai for last 20yrs. The cost of living here is very high. If u are single and want to save some money and have a decent life you need at least dhs14000 job. Because u r aleast gonna spent half on accomodation and expenses. The most important of all is ur family. Most of the companies here will never tell u the cost of living and ppl never tend to ask. All the do is convert the currency to the country for where they live in and think they will make a lot of money. Thrust me if u take this job for 4000dhs u will regret taking it. The 23000INR is enough for u and to live with ur family then coming here and struggling for nothing.

Its up to u at the end of the day but what i am telling u is from my 20yrs experience in this country.

hedgester
21st May 2009, 07:34
Hi There

I used to work in Dubai and I have to agree with the guys above, 4000 Dhs may seem like alot compared to the wage you could get in India, but the cost of living is much higher, 14000 would be OK if you can get a housing allowance from Serco that would cover your rent. Even the, water, electricity, phone charges, Oh and municipality FEE (NOT a tax as Dubai is tax free! :\ ). If you want more details PM me. ;)