PDA

View Full Version : British national Party

barnstormer1968
16th May 2009, 11:25
Please read this (before slurring my political ethics) as I believe this thread refers to a VERY important part of British military aviation history.

This morning I received a pamphlet from the British national party titled "The NEW Battle for Britain"

On the top right of this pamphlet is a picture of a Spitfire, which I am sure was put there to whip up feelings of national pride, and overcoming foreign foes.

But, instantly upon seeing this picture I was reminded of how I see the battle of Britain, and how I view those who took part in it.

Let me explain:
The picture is of a Spitfire IX (marked RF) and was the personal aircraft for the CO of 303 (Polish) Sqn RAF.

I not only feel gratitude to pilots such as my uncle William Britton, but to all pilots from ALL nations involved in this struggle. The leaflet has overtones of stopping immigration, but as far as I am concerned, I am bl**dy glad these Poles (and everyone else from the other nations involved) came to Britain in the fight against the Nazi's at that time.

Sorry for the rant, but the pamphlet got my gander up!:yuk:

Airborne Aircrew
16th May 2009, 11:32
... and breathe...

Nick Griffin
16th May 2009, 11:40
Hmmmm, I must shoot the printers.

GPMG
16th May 2009, 11:42
This pamphlet has been doing the rounds for a month or two. On various forums it has produced a lot of mirth and pi$$ taking out of the BNP idiots who can't even research their nasty little propagander.

When it comes to people like the BNP, it is best to laugh and point at them. Don't take them too seriously 'stormer, they simply don't matter in modern society.

Bob Viking
16th May 2009, 11:42
A hell of a way to introduce yourself to Pprune!
Standby for incoming!
BV:bored:

parabellum
16th May 2009, 11:43
There is absolutely no correlation whatsoever between Polish pilots who fought in WW2 and illeagal immigrants today. I don't support the BNP but you must not confuse two very different issues, the Poles came to GB to reform and help reclaim their country, most of them returned home after WW2 ended.

ScrumpyJ
16th May 2009, 11:47
I agree. It is important what the commonwealth, nations of Europe and places like Canada and America did for us then. However we need to support our national identity and beliefs etc. This party is not the way to go about doing so though. The very idea of the party and what it believes in is un-british to the extreme.

barnstormer1968
16th May 2009, 11:52
Thanks for that GPMG, it just annoyed me. I totally agree with you

Parabellum, I see a direct link myself. If the Poles had not come in WW2, then they sure as hell would not be coming here now, as I am thinking the politics of this country may be just a little different if we had lost the battle of Britain:}