PDA

View Full Version : GC have now changed their Recomendation!

crewsunite
15th May 2009, 16:34
GC have now changed their Recommendation!
Word is now out & we'll all get emails tomorrow.
The GC are pissed off & will now recommend No Votes!

Refer to GMA thread. He let the cat out the bag! No brains that one!

Hold off guys! We've almost out of the woods.

NR says no more com's until all done. nether Fri next week.
Cat got ur tongue?

Rook
15th May 2009, 23:13
No votes on what? SLS? Cos08? Ammendments to CoS08 (already voted in favour by members)?

icanfly2
16th May 2009, 00:38
The fact that the AOA has been had should be enough to make them stand up and show some respect for the membership and themselves.

After the GMAs update yesterday the only correct move I can see the AOA making is to unilaterally withdrawal all endorsements for SLS and CoS 08 and press the company for further negotiations.

Lets all help the GC on the way with this by no longer accepting a game of rugby with moving goalposts. We are all professionals with responsibilities so lets have some respect for ourselves aswell and stop the bullsh#t right now. Who in there right mind is going to select anything on crew direct without seeing the contract you are signing, especially when you are giving a blank cheque to people you don't trust.

Looking forward to monday afternoon!!

Apple Tree Yard
16th May 2009, 20:42
The latest letter from the GMA is really quite stunning when you read it carefully. How can he and the company expect a pilot to make a career defining decision without a complete and detailed copy of the actual contract? It defies belief that they think this is an acceptable way to conduct business. A friend of mine who works for UPS showed me his latest contract, 236 pages of the most buttoned-down detail you could imagine. I feel our latest offer is fit for the back of a napkin. Regardless of what the company 'suggests', to sign on to this would be madness. Let the management do their job properly first...then we can talk.:ugh:

Apple Tree Yard
16th May 2009, 20:56
..another eloquent post bluetick. your mommie would be very proud. :ok:

crewsunite
17th May 2009, 00:27
Bluetack

Try and grow up a little please!

Please try post more thought out posts rather than passing on the pain you have from being stuck under the fence!

Liam Gallagher
17th May 2009, 00:33
This decision is difficult enough with someone spreading disinformation.

I am not on the GC and will not double-guess what they are thinking; but what you say is presently bolleaux. Latest update, as of Sat evening HK, was the AOA was seeking clarification from the company, but there was no suggestion of the GC asking members for a "double no".

Should matters change, I am sure more credible posters than Crewsunite will post on this site.

Fenwicksgirl
17th May 2009, 03:30
Blutak
You do work for this company and you know how they work, why wait 10 years to decide if you should be working for them?? Go now young man, go to that fantasy airline that you dream of!!

Hiro Nakimura
17th May 2009, 14:44
Good advice digger, how long has it been since you were at the pointy end of a cathay airplane???

Fenwicksgirl
18th May 2009, 00:15
BandH you are the one getting boring!!! Talk about broken record!!

Sleeve_of_Wizard
18th May 2009, 01:46
No Email yet............ Just as I expected.2 hours to go.

crewsunite
18th May 2009, 03:08
Despite some in GC feeling one way, they have decided to keep the same line.
They are trying to keep a good name with the co to fight another day.
(As co reads all their emails.)
They are however hoping you all read between the lines on this one.
Vote to enable true justice on this mess!

Then at least they have not lower themselves to the companies level by playing their games.
The AoA are keeping their end of the deal by Endorsing the reasons for SLS but not its implementation.

If your smart - you should know what that means!

Simply = "No"

sizematters
18th May 2009, 03:55
In excess of 88% signed up already

so for those no voters................look forward to lots of reserve and cat C & D

Sleeve_of_Wizard
18th May 2009, 04:10
Where did you get the 88% from, out of curiosity?
Cat C and D would involve discrimination and retribution wouldn't it? That's not gonna happen now is it...........?

Numero Crunchero
18th May 2009, 04:37
The guys that didn't sign in 1994 ( a small minority) enjoyed the best rosters and the most overtime - but then that was a pay and rostering 'offer'. The FOs that didn't sign in 1994 or take SLS in 2003(SARS) upgraded normally.

Sizematters, I know you are hoping that things turn out really really badly for those that didn't take SLS otherwise you might feel a little foolish for being intimidated into signing for SLS. But really does it matter to you if guys get screwed or not? Does it make your life better if ours is worse for not taking SLS? Maybe I have a different way of looking at life - I don't wish ill of others - I hope the company pays back the SLS money AND you get the SLS leave when you want it.

slapfaan
18th May 2009, 06:49
Where did you get the 88% from, out of curiosity?

It's the lucky number in chinese mate..:cool:

The ACTUAL % will be closer to 44..a very very UNlucky figure indeed, especially if your initials are RH or NR...mmmmm...:ooh: