PDA

View Full Version : Un-edited Gma Letter To His Troops

monster330
15th May 2009, 16:20
GMA Update 15MAY09

With only a few days to go before the close of the SLS/COS 08 election I am pleased to hear that the HKAOA membership has successfully ratified the improvements to COS 08. The improvements have been discussed at length in both company and HKAOA communications. The agreed changes to COS 08 are attached (https://iconnect.cathaypacific.com/f5-w-H687474703a2f2f696e74726163782e636174686179706163696669632e6 36f6d$$/ix/fop/team/news/gmtupdates/CoS08%20Improvements.pdf) for perusal and are fully expected to form part of COS 08. I use the word expected only because the improvements have always been subject to the HKAOA’s success in promoting widespread support for SLS within their membership. Over the past few weeks the company and HKAOA representatives have enjoyed a progressively better understanding and a more positive working relationship, nevertheless the fact remains that when the DFO first agreed to enter into negotiations on the broad principles established more than a month ago, it was on the strict understanding that the HKAOA would promote widespread support for the corporate scheme. With current sign up levels significantly behind those of other employee groups, that goal is yet to be achieved. I remain hopeful that it will be achieved in the remaining days. As a reminder, the deadline for the SLS election is 18th May at 12:00 midday.

I wish to reiterate that those who have already elected for SLS and COS 08 will receive exactly what has been promulgated through the election process. There will be no grab back of contracts or advertised retained benefits. The ratified improvements to COS 08 will however, as has been made abundantly clear in previous communications, only be fully implemented if the support of the HKAOA membership is forthcoming. I understand why there may be some angst about electing for a contract with improvements that may not be fully implemented. Equally there is some angst on the Company’s part, regarding the delivery of a level of support which, for the moment, appears at best elusive. With other staff groups posting SLS acceptance rates of almost 100%, I certainly hope that we, as pilots, can show that we are prepared to strongly support our Company through these difficulties. It would be wrong to leave that role to others to perform on our behalf.

Captain Richard Hall
General Manager Aircrew :=:=:=

Sqwak7700
15th May 2009, 17:43
RH, I here forth brand you "Joe Biden"

Somehow, I told you so, just doesn't quite do it.... :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :yuk:

4-Daned
15th May 2009, 22:42
The original still exists if you download it through your Groupwise.

buggaluggs
16th May 2009, 08:17
How are we EVER supposed to have any faith in, or respect for our supposed " leaders " ( and I use that term in it's loosest possible sense! ). What a f@@king circus!! :ugh:

KRMQQ
17th May 2009, 07:47
But NR has said essentially the same in his Friday 15th update as what was pulled from the GMA update:

"We have only agreed to implement the improvements to CoS08 and enter this next phase of working together once we have seen a good level of support for the SLS package from the AOA membership."

The definition of "a good level of support" is, like most things CX does these days, undefined and subject to change from time to time as they see fit and at their sole discretion. The GC sold us down the river with that one! Well done fellas!

AD POSSE AD ESSE
17th May 2009, 13:58
Actually...that too, has now "magically" disappeared...and yet another revised version has been sent to groupwise..

Welcome to the circus!!:8