PDA

View Full Version : Pushback Training

Honez
15th May 2009, 12:46
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice on training for aircraft towing and pushback.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any organisations that specifically carry out such training and also if anyone knows where I can find industry standards and rules and regulations regarding aircraft pushback?

Furthermore, I have heard that simulators are now available to aid such practices, does anyone have any further information about who supplies such simulators or indeed whether they are worthwhile?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with some info.

Thanks a lot,

Honez

British Grenadier
22nd May 2009, 09:55
Honez, you could try the CAA web site , airfield regs and instructions can be found there, as for simulators there is some ex -pilot showing his simulator on youtube , pretty non realistic , and i left comments saying that , he got very indignant about it and removed my comments , as for training most companies have their own way of doing it, normally it involves pushing a set of towable aircraft steps , if you can manage that , job's a goodun , hope this helps.

25yearsnotout
22nd May 2009, 12:39
Training recommendations for Pushback Training can be found in CAP 642. There is a company based at London Stansted Airport called Aviation Ground Support Limited, airside training - AGS airside training, cabin grooming, catering uplift, airport cleaning. Welcome (http://www.agshandling.co.uk) who conduct many handling courses including Pushback.

Elcabriado
27th May 2009, 13:12
As British Grenadier said, most companies seem to do it in-house, and once you have got the hang of pushing steps, then an aircraft is a lot easier.