PDA

View Full Version : JETSTAR delays

highland cow
15th May 2009, 02:54
Anyone know why the Jetstar flt 166 CHC-MEL last Sunday was 7 hours late supposedly due to Capt. ill and another crew and A/C was then flown over from Australia. PAX were held in Departure area from approx 1.30pm until 11pm. No immigration forms were distributed prior to landing as crew advised that the A/C was a only used for domestic flts in Aus and did not carry them.

The Mentalist
15th May 2009, 04:17
Don't know about that one, but there was a similar incident in Darwin last night with the Dn-Bali flight got canned due to pilot calling in ill. Flight went this afternoon apparently.

airsupport
15th May 2009, 04:57
No, but you are more likely to get answers if you post this on the D+G Forums. :ok:

tipsy2
15th May 2009, 05:19
And in addition to what Air Support says, R&N is the preserve of such important stuff as "Memo to pilots using 121.5"

tipsy
:yuk:furball:yuk::yuk:and another

FFRATS
15th May 2009, 10:21
J* should add to it's ticket conditions-
In the event someone calls in sick we don't carry stand-by crew, because we are low cost and you’re not worth it, so assume your flight will not depart anywhere near schedule. Also the phone number you give for contact in your booking will not be called as this also adds costs so come to the airport with your kids and hang around for hours with other happy customers. :ugh:
Joke*

assasin8
15th May 2009, 11:23
Pay peanuts and get monkeys... Or something like that...:rolleyes:

Transition Layer
15th May 2009, 11:55
Nice spelling FFRATS...

because where low cost

your flight will not depart any where near schedual

If you're going to bag someone/something out, at least get the spelling correct so you don't end up looking like a complete d*ck.

:rolleyes:

VH-JJW
15th May 2009, 12:21
Perhaps FFRATS really works in JQ crewing. Unfortunately the Pilots are not aware of what:

stany-by crew

Are, so hence the error. :ok:

Alternatively, someone could not figure out that the:

schedual

Was not a clash between sche's, but a published record of the airlines flights. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps FFRATS should spend less time in glass houses and more time in the spell checker. :D

Ultergra
15th May 2009, 13:24
Spelling mistakes or otherwise, his point was made...

Bend over and take it like a man while screaming out.. "Thankyou Jetstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Don't fly LCC... end of story.

rodney rude
15th May 2009, 23:23
Yeah mate, don't fly LCC because the only non LCC option, Qantas, is never late and never cancels flights.

And when you get on board as I did last week for a 7pm flight, you get fed a packet of peanuts for dinner on what is clearly, to everyone out there except QF, a dinner run.

Yep, well worth the extra money.

blow.n.gasket
16th May 2009, 01:10
Ah yes Rodney has a point.
But Rodney ,was it Qantas Qantas, or Qantas JetConnect , or Qantas Link ,or......???????
When is an Airline actually who they say they are?:bored:

FFRATS
16th May 2009, 04:36
Got to love the old spelling police. Up early with the daughter, typing late and not bothering to check correct grammar and spelling (obviously not my strong point) to then look like a “complete d*ck” (your spelling was correct so “bag” away T’Layer) :D
So do you cover your smaller bases with sufficient stand-by crew to cover overnight illness and will the phone number provided with your booking be called if the flight is cancelled or delayed over 3-4 hours?

FFRATS

Ps T’layer/VH-JJW, if spelling is wrong I’ll send you my login details so you can correct it.

DeathStar-Alpha
16th May 2009, 10:09
Round one...FIGHT!!!

Or you could just answer the oraginal question.

O dear I spelt 'original' wrong... who cares :rolleyes:

alidad
16th May 2009, 11:30
Like it or lump it, the reality is that J* is a very important ingredient of the QF group of companies- it is unlikely that there would be a profit at all if not for Jetstar to the point that one day it may well be:

QANTAS a Jetstar Group Company:rolleyes:

Dragun
16th May 2009, 11:42
Aside from the argument of whether being able to spell a word correctly is important or not, not knowing the difference between words like "we're, where, wear" and "they're, there, their " (etc.) and when to use them aren't spelling mistakes. It shows a blatant ignorance for the BASICS of the english language which in turn shows laziness and stupidity. Honestly, was year 3 English really that hard? I'm betting that those same people are the same ones who complain when they can't understand an asian or indian accent when in all reality they probably have better English skills that the person complaining.

Spelling police or not, it's always those who don't know the basics or can't spell who say 'who cares?'. Funny that, smart people usually try and fix things they're not good or learn it the right way. The idiots brush it off from either embarrassment or laziness. What's your excuse?

apache
16th May 2009, 11:46
I think you spelled "O" wrong too...

FFRATS
16th May 2009, 12:58
Dragun- I think you are such a “smart” person to be able to evaluate people as “idiots” from their English skills (esp.on PPRuNe) or is that just my “blatant ignorance” and “stupidity” at not seeing the “difference” between a judgemental poster/person and one that needs to step back and look at the big picture. :8
Being so lazy you can also have my login to correct any future offending posts to save further embarrassment. Honestly.
Back on topic FFS

FFRATS

16th May 2009, 14:20
Dragun, a most succinct, relevant and overdue post!

When an individuals contribution is riddled with gross spelling and grammatical errors their argument becomes null, void and completely devoid of credibility. Pathetic complaints of 'spelling police' is simply empty school yard rhetoric.

If people like FFRATS really understood how imbecilic they are perceived by those that peruse these pages with a sense of seriousness perhaps they would at the very least read what they posted a couple of times before hitting 'submit'.

ferris
16th May 2009, 15:45
If you are going to cane someone over spelling (and I do agree with the sentiments expressed), then you really need to have your spelling, syntax etc. spot on.
they probably have better English skills that the person complaining.

Keg
16th May 2009, 22:40
Don't know about that one, but there was a similar incident in Darwin last night with the Dn-Bali flight got canned due to pilot calling in ill. Flight went this afternoon apparently.

Was the pilot sick or was the pilot in the pub half tanked because of a scheduling mix up with the Captain not knowing that he (or she) was supposed to operate? :E Or was that another day that this occurred?

compressor stall
16th May 2009, 23:34
I wonder if the pilot in question was prescribed an innocuous anti cold medication or antibiotic that would flag a false positive in a random drug test and did not want to risk the consequences....

Given their apparent lack of spare crews, I'd be interested to know what JQ's management think of the random drug tests with the false positive rates that have been recorded thus far....

Dragun
17th May 2009, 00:32
Frozo,

I wrote 'basics' in capital letters for emphasis. Did you not get that? Sure, I could've used italics but I chose not to. What's your point?

As for the word 'that' and the capital on English. Obviously both typos (as you may notice I put the caps on English elsewhere) - which are slips of the finger, not spelling mistakes. You are correct however, next time I should proof read before hitting 'submit'. :E

Again, I don't think struggling to spell a word is AS big of a deal as completely not knowing which word to use (although still irritating). Hate the spelling police all you want, the ones who hate are always those who can't do it. It's always someone else who's the idiot though right?

We probably should get back to topic... :ok:

highland cow
17th May 2009, 01:15
Its a pity that the majority of replies to this thread have nothing to do with the original posting. Over the years I have sometimes wondered if it it the particular Company etc., that is the topic of the discussion inserts a diversion to waylay criticism or a definitive answer to the particular subject.

FFRATS
17th May 2009, 05:59
It’s hilarious the same ‘spelling police’ who love dishing out all their wisdom on how to write posts on PPRuNe don’t even display their superior skills while doing so....:D
If people like FFRATS really understood how imbecilic they are perceived by those that peruse these pages with a sense of seriousness perhaps they would at the very least read what they posted a couple of times before hitting 'submit'.

8888 – I would have already hit submit if it was “posted”. :ugh: