PDA

View Full Version : Creatine supplement & aviation medical

100hours
14th May 2009, 07:02
I do a lot of gym work, and was thinking bout taking a Creatine supplement to help, does anyone see this as being a problem with regards to CAA medical blood tests, urine tests or any other medical test done by pilots. Not so much as the sideeffects, but on an the medical point of view?

22nd May 2009, 08:33
Don't know about the ramifications re. Class one medical but...

Creatine supplementation is a complete waste of time and money for gym users and the results for athletes are a bit variable.

It's basically going to increase the cost of your urine..

Save your money

Ridgerunner
22nd May 2009, 14:08
I sat my inital Class 1 medical about a month ago and had started a Creatine course about a month or two before that. Didn't have any problems with the medical, but the thing about the creatine is that you take 4-5 teaspoons a day to load up in the first week and then cut back to maintenance portions of 1 per day so I suppose it depends what stage you are at but I am sure it will not cause you any problems.

RR

Ronand
31st May 2009, 17:16
HI, I have to renew my class 1 medical soon, I have been using creatine for about 2 month and still using it... Is it allowed to stay on it for a holder of a jaa class 1 medical?