PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair check in now

Tercarley
13th May 2009, 13:33
Just heard on the news that its going to be only online check in now for Ryanair pax and its going to cost £20.00 to check in online. If you go to the airport without checking in its going to cost £40.00 to do so.

Will the Irishman have any customers left!!!!!

G-CPTN
13th May 2009, 13:37
National Express now charging £2.50 per journey (one way) to reserve a seat:- BBC NEWS | UK | England | Charge to reserve seats on trains (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8045270.stm)

tony draper
13th May 2009, 13:50
Well if one conducts business in a land where one is seemingly allowed by law to rob plunder and generally rip off the common citizenry without fear of any kind of reprisal or action on the part of any authority to slow down one's blatant thievery, tiz moot one takes advantage of the situation.
:)

Storminnorm
13th May 2009, 13:54
I don't like flying anyhow. Much rather go by train.

tony draper
13th May 2009, 14:05
If one has to visit furrin parts one could always go for the civilized option and go by sea,though why anyone would want to visit furrin parts in the first place is beyond me.
:rolleyes:

radeng
13th May 2009, 14:47
I seem to remember that in the days of long ago, when trains actually ran
and weren't replaced by 'buses, it cost 5/- to reserve a seat. In those days, you could get a damn good meal on the train, too. A G&T or two, a soup, sole meuniere with steamed potatoes, grilled tomatoes and peas, a half bottle of Entre Deux Mers, some Stilton and port, followed by coffee and brandy. By which time, the 6.10pm from Kings Cross had got to Retford at 8.30pm, in time for one's friend and his wife to meet one. You then adjourned to a couple of pubs, and his wife drove us home!

Happy days!

sitigeltfel
13th May 2009, 17:44
Lifted from the Ryanair website news page.....

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (13 May 09) confirmed that from Wednesday next (20th May) all new passenger bookings, including those travelling with infants and checked in bags, will move to online check-in and ‘bag-drop’ only as Ryanair phases out the use airport of check-in desks from its 146 airports by 1st October next.

From Wednesday Ryanair will no longer accept bookings for unaccompanied minors (under 16 years old) while all new bookings will require passengers (including infants and domestic flight passengers) to hold a valid passport or valid national identity card.

Accordingly, Ryanair will remove its £10/€10 airport check-in fee and introduce a £5/€5 online check-in fee per person, per flight, on new bookings, other than promotional fares (fares of “Free”, “€1” and “€5” will include web check-in on a free of charge basis), while a €40/£40 ‘boarding card re-issue fee’ will be introduced to encourage all passengers to arrive at the airport with their pre-printed web check-in boarding card.

al446
13th May 2009, 18:50
its 146 airports

What's all that about? Since when did FR start buying up airports?

greatoaks
13th May 2009, 20:48
Who writes this ****e?

Surely as Europe's largest low-fares airline, they can afford a press officer with basic grammatical skills and, failing that, get someone who can spell to proof read the memos prior to publication.

Torque Tonight
13th May 2009, 21:11
Who writes this ****e?

Surely as Europe's largest low-fares airline, they can afford a press officer with basic grammatical skills and, failing that, get someone who can spell to proof read the memos prior to publication.

People in glasshouses...
;)

PAXboy
13th May 2009, 23:44
Who cares? Use FR and pay on their terms or use someone else. If the bottom line price is good for you - why does it matter how it was made up?
Sheesh!

greatoaks
14th May 2009, 06:10
Fair point well taken...

Note to self:

I must not post on forums after eleventeen pints of Stella.

:\

GroundedSLF
14th May 2009, 09:32
Paxboy - the problem is the amount of time wasted going through all the bloody screens of these various no frills carriers, ticking and unticking boxes, before you arrive at the bottom line price.

When you are looking to compare several different no frills vs full service fares, it can add up to quite a bit of time.

Airlines should have to include all the elements that are not optional in their headline fare - makes it easier on the consumer.

PAXboy
14th May 2009, 10:11
Yes, GroundedSLF, I agree 100%! The way in which they keep moving the goalposts, and changing the layout of the little boxes so as to (I suggest) deliberately confuse? Terrible and I avoid them if I possibly can.

I have just been through all that, as I have to use them t'row for a trip where their 'not in Barcelona' airport (REU) is actually on the doorstep of where I have to go. Yet, I remain in admiration of their ability to separate people from their money and for having re-written the book on customer service. All of it in a way that I deplore but this is life in the 21st century.

raffele
14th May 2009, 10:29
This was first brought to attention yesterday afternoon in this forum:

http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/345056-ryanair-questions-comments-bouquets-brickbats-merged-10.html#post4924005