PDA

View Full Version : Girls getting harassed!!!!

Stiflers
13th May 2009, 09:23
Well, the company has fallen to a new low...

SMCP article today stated that the company called Flighties on their personal time to get them to vote for SLS, up to 3 times a day.

A spokeswoman from CX stated that the admin DID call the flighties..... just to be sure they didn't have any questions.

:ok:

badairsucker
13th May 2009, 09:49
I couldn't believe it when I read it....This company are a right bunch of WANkERS.

No morals what so ever.

Frogman1484
13th May 2009, 12:05
I hope they call me before the 18th!!!!

Flap10
13th May 2009, 12:32
All true! My friend's wife is a cabin crew that did not sign and just heard from him that after the pre-flight briefing on the 9th she was asked to see the coordinator to supposedly be reminded that the deadline for signing is on the 10th, wink wink nudge nudge :yuk::yuk:

simplex
13th May 2009, 13:10
Give us a break! Being intimidated is a choice. Who would take 3 calls from '2747' on a day off?? Stop bleating. Management are obviously taking the piss. If you want to give them money then give them money. Alternatively, No and No and get on with a sensible life.

Flap10
13th May 2009, 13:17
Actually simplex they were being called via private numbers, and read my above post, they were being cornered whilst on duty at Cathay. So I disagree, being intimidated is not really a choice.

simplex
13th May 2009, 13:30
Fair enough but Cathay management and their tactics are well known. I say ignore them; No and No is a choice.

Flap10
13th May 2009, 13:45
Agreed! No and No!

moosp
13th May 2009, 14:20
Yes, but cabin crew promotion is on the basis of have you been a Team Player. Very little of it is to do with your ability in the cabin or your leadership skills.

They could be easily intimidated by a "friendly" chat, knowing that they might be stuck back at FP for years because they chose for themselves.

That said, a lot chose SLS to get a break, and that is fair enough. But for those who don't it will go on their P files.

When several flight crew rejected SLS around SARS, there appeared to be no retribution from FLT OPS, but I may be wrong. But for cabin crew, they will see it affect their promotion. That's the way ISD works.

GE90115BL2
13th May 2009, 14:51
Management took home their numbers and rang them from home?
I receive many wrong number calls on my mobile every week
Some show the number and some don't. Am I to assume that Cx
management called?
It seems that all calls were rejected or not answered anyway so how the hell would they know who was calling anyway?

Sounds like hogwash to me.

On the other hand I can fully accept the cabin crew were being harrased at sign on. That I can believe.

AD POSSE AD ESSE
13th May 2009, 15:58
The calls were not all rejected, they were answered by the cabin crew and it was indeed cx admin staff phoning to "remind them to take SLS"..so much for it being "voluntary"..

The issue here is that as per the privacy ordinance, personal information is to be kept private and admin staff were NOT supposed to have taken such information (crews mobile numbers) home..

The FAU should seek legal action over this..and it will be YET another embarrasing fiasco for CX - something that seems to be getting more and more frequent these days!!:ok:

Yeager
13th May 2009, 16:04
I see ya boyz are still havin' fun :ok: Most managements are d.ckheads - only the one at Cathay Pathetic pulls all the prizes though.

Pathetic ALL THE WAY.. :yuk:

GE90115BL2
14th May 2009, 02:56
Where in the SCMP article did it say the cabin crew answered the calls?
It doesn't does it.