PDA

View Full Version : The Date is Closing in! JUST THE FACTS please!

Saturn
13th May 2009, 06:57
I think I have to say it again and please please I beg of you listen! The AOA (and I do appreciate their efforts) and the company are simpy asking us to let CX management get away with all they have done in the past few years. They have violated every contract and particularly COS99! COS08 was voted down and was instituted anyway. This shows what CX management really thinks of us!

This is also a dirty trick to make you choose so when you have to litigate over further violations, which you know will be coming, the company can say "See what you chose". Folks choose to DO NOTHING! If you want time off, call in sick. Yes, it may be time for Golf days again!

I for one am most upset that we are being asked to just let what has happened in the past few years be forgotten and now CX managment and even our own beloved AOA are asking us to NOW move on. NO! I say fix all the violations of the past then make this COS choice better, MUCH BETTER! There are still so many issues not addressed. (AND THE FACA AGREEMENT STILL EXSISTS! PERIOD. Man am I tired of being lied to about that). There are also so many holes in this deal it is incredible.

Guys and Gals do not be fooled. This falls way short of what is required. Do not be tricked and fall for it. Yes, read all you want and educate yourselves. Go ahead and post and be pissed but just do not be fooled or tricked.

ON MAY 18TH, JUST DO NOTHING!

Sqwak7700
13th May 2009, 08:01
Little known FACT:

If you were already on COS08 (New hires after DEC/2007), then SLS is AUTOMATICALLY awarded to you, you have no choice in the matter.

Another FACT:

Once you agree to SLS, regardless of COS, the company can come back and "tap you" for more without your consent. So, if next year, the company still needs "your help", they can have it without you agreeing to it. There is no time limitation on SLS, this could go on until you retire or leave the company.

So when you choose SLS, remember that it is not just 3 weeks, or 4 weeks, or 2 weeks...it is INITIALLY that much, but can be much more at the company's discretion.

And when you elect COS08, you are automatically enrolled permanently in SLS. If you are an FO/SO and you choose COS08, you are exempt just this one time from SLS, but are subject to future SLS at the company's discretion.

These are facts people, consider them VERY CAREFULLY when making your selection.

flyboy007
13th May 2009, 08:19
Sqwak,

Where is that stated? I'd be interested to see that. That's a great spot with pretty nasty potential consequences!

Cheers

Rook
13th May 2009, 08:27
I call bullsh1t on both those "facts."

Sqwak7700
13th May 2009, 09:35
I call bullsh1t on both those "facts."

Pretty effing stupid on your part, being that there is no documentation written down for you to prove they indeed are bullsh1tt.:hmm:

If you want to confirm these then ask anyone who is already on COS08 about their assigned SLS. Also, call the union and they will confirm that the DFO has already stated that a second round of SLS will most likely be taken.

Arfur Dent
13th May 2009, 10:14
Most people happy to be on COS08 will gladly take more SLS/ULV. Other airlines call it 'Part time work.'
Sounds good to me. Now where's that 4th wife gone...............:ok:

Blutack
13th May 2009, 10:38
Ok then Jagman1.

Since you are already on CoS08 you take an extra few weeks more for all the rest of us CoS99 guys, a lot of whom are SO's and junior FO's struggling to pay for our tax bills this year.........you are junior after all :ok:

badairsucker
13th May 2009, 11:00
well done chaps, bitching already....why can't you all grow up and have a meaningful debate not bitching. For so called professionals, you really are quite childish, my 4 year old has more maturity than some on these forums.

The company want to divide the pilot body and you are lapping up the bait...For god sake let's stay united......

flyboy007
13th May 2009, 11:19
I'm on COS 08 already, and I can't find anywhere that I've been allocated SLS already?!?!

Ex Cathedra
14th May 2009, 00:19
I'm on COS 08 already, and I can't find anywhere that I've been allocated SLS already?!?!

You won't.
This is just Sqwak trying, as usual, to inject as many non-facts as possible into these threads to frighten people into thinking like the frustrated, helpless and scared employee he has become.

NO ONE will be forced to take SLS. Whatever your current situation, you can always say no. If you're on COS08, you can either take it or just pass.

flyboy007
14th May 2009, 00:25
It all becomes clear. Thanks EC

flyingkiwi
14th May 2009, 07:16
actually i have meet a cos 08 chap that had it imposed on his roster with out volenteering... beware

Sqwak7700
14th May 2009, 07:46

Might want to wait till the 15th to say such a statement. Also, did you already have unpaid leave before? If you did, they will deduct the SLS from that previous leave.

You won't.
This is just Sqwak trying, as usual, to inject as many non-facts as possible into these threads to frighten people into thinking like the frustrated, helpless and scared employee he has become.

Only one scared here is you, I'm voting can-not to everything. Or maybe you are just voting yes on SLS to "get the time off"... :yuk:

NO ONE will be forced to take SLS. Whatever your current situation, you can always say no. If you're on COS08, you can either take it or just pass.

Are you sure about that? Your statement seems incorrect to me, there are many Captains that are assigned SLS when they sign over to COS08. I call that being forced to take SLS, what do you call it?

The reason that SLS is being forced on them is that it is legally allowed under COS08. The company has said that if you are an SO or FO and you sign over to COS08, they will exclude you from SLS because they recognize how you are saving them tons of money on the bypass pay, so they are making an exemption just for that group, but it is still stipulated that they can be forced to take SLS.

If you feel that you ABSOLUTELY need to take SLS, then I recommend drafting a letter agreeing to it for ONE TIME ONLY, this should protect you from automatically being assigned SLS in the future. Name of the game is CYA, don't listen to idiots like "Ex Cathedral" who just get on here and spread inaccuracies.

Remember how recent extensions on the freighter where forced to take SLS as it was built in to their COS??? What COS do you think they signed up for??? Need a hint? It wasn't CO99... :hmm: