View Full Version : EK Housing /Green Lakes / 558 Community

Kapitanleutnant
12th May 2009, 19:27
Was in talking today to housing department just to get the latest since I was at HQ.....

Big news is.... At 1000 today, an internal email was mailed to the housing dept staff stating All EK Pilots have to be out of Green Lakes by 31 May and there will be no extension to the date at all!

This begs the question... if the 558 villas are not ready, where will we move to?

They didn't have an answer. Not their fault, they're just not getting answers from those who should be supplying them with those answers.

Also, villas have indeed been allocated in the 558 community! I was shown the allocation list and saw which villa I had been assigned to. A note has been appended to these allocations that there are to be no changes to them once allocated.

I drove out to the 558's and the dirt road leading into the complex has recently been paved (no more dirt!) and it was closed off.

That's that latest.

K

Netset
13th May 2009, 05:40
May I please ask whether 558 villas are also known as Al Waha villas or is it a different community?

If not is there a web link or photos to these villas?

nakbin330
13th May 2009, 08:45
What news about the poor souls who are in temp accom other than Green Lakes?

The 558/Al Waha villas are behind Arabian Ranches, 14 kms to the LuLu supermarket.

Payscale
13th May 2009, 09:02
There is a supermarket at the ranches and soon in motorcity too

Kapitanleutnant
13th May 2009, 09:07
The supermarket actually inside the Arabian Ranch complex is quite nice. There are other smaller shops there as well, like a Costa Coffee, laundry cleaner facility, several restaurants. All in all, it's quite nice and is about 2 km's from the 558's.

K

midseal
13th May 2009, 19:08
Yes Kapitan, true enough its just around the corner but with an FO salary, your monthly ration will run out before you can say WTF!!. A nicely padded wallet is needed for these type of shopping venues. Most of us have realised that the CO-OP gives a bigger bang for the buck,, ehm ehm I mean Dirham!. Have you visited the Fruit and vegetable market...?. If you got skill in hangling, you'll have a fruit basket full everyday of the week for a fraction.. try it;);)

jetaviator
20th May 2009, 00:50
Hello Gents

Any news in the villas?... I have been assigned already to the new Al Waha compound, but I'm out of the sand pit right now..(Leave) So I haven't had the chance to look at the new CAVE....!.How many pilots are we going to be ...? Some one who already check it ...how is it ...? I did a search in the web and they look very nice...!

Cheers

nakbin330
20th May 2009, 01:35
4 beds, good size, dinky kitchen.

Away from the highway, not too near the power lines.

Still a building site though.

Will be a great little spot once completed.

Juliet-Echo
20th May 2009, 06:40
Anyone know of a nursery school in the area? We tried Polo Club but they've got a waiting list the length of'the Great Wall of China!