PDA

View Full Version : To Ratify or NOT Ratify CoS08?

Blutack
12th May 2009, 12:10
Have been thinking of what to do on the ratification of the improvments to CoS08. And the decision that I thought was easy is now apparently not so easy.

Should I ratify improvements to CoS08 to assist the DEFO’s and X-A scale Captains?
How can I ratify something I have not seen in writing?
I know they are talking of 25 year housing for instance but under what terms and conditions?
How is helping people that will sign or already have signed CoS08 help me? All that has happened is an increase to command time!

All sounds a little bit of a setup if you ask me………..sign CoS08 improvements………..I think not.

Loopdeloop
12th May 2009, 15:23
The vote is simply to make improvements to a CoS that some people are on. I'm not on it and don't intent to change to it any day soon, but I don't see why you'd not vote to improve at least somebody's lot. There are no improvements that will affect the captains signing over that I can see, just improvements for S/Os and F/Os. It has no effect on you.

crewsunite
13th May 2009, 02:28
Hi All
We (on Cos99) should all be voting no to send a strong message to Co & AoA.

Yes this its Sad, but not nearly as Sad as NR, we need to get back to strong basics and stand up for our ourselves.

I feel with all this waiting for a solid fight against Co by AoA the GC has make the improvements their priority.

I can think of many things the majority of members would have preferred the neg to be about:
BBP, DEC, DEFO, Legal issues of signing contracts, seperating SLS & Cos 08, alot more dialog on issues, various courts cases, contents of the improvements (where are the details) etc. Lack of votes, on other important things..

Sorry GC, if u feel you have wasted your time but I feel we should be fighting for Cos99 as a priority not the improvements to Cos08.

Sorry Young guys on Cos08 - we'll get back to you in future.
Sorry Older guys going to Cos08 - You're going to take it anyway, shame on those for taking exstentions on lessor contracts for the last 2yrs and those that follow now. You should have fought to continue on current terms and kept the bar high.

Those of you whom signed Cos08 through intimidation: You have no simpathay from me. Your only hope is to get medical help you may be suffering from Swire Flu.

Keep a clear mind guys - Don't get suckerd into the mess!

Blutack
13th May 2009, 10:33
Vote No
Hi All
We should all be voting no to send a strong message to Co.

crewsunite very wise words indeed. What message are you sending if you vote for a CoS that you are not willing to sign! :ugh:

fire wall
13th May 2009, 21:56
What a load of rubbish.
If you want to send a message to the company then do not move from CoS 99 to CoS 08.
To not ratify the improvements is just plain stupid.

You sure you guys fly aeroplanes ?

chards
13th May 2009, 23:02
To not ratify the improvements is not stupid if you don't think they are improvements. Even staying on cos99- there are certain things in cos08 that will seriously disadvantage junior crew yet are still being looked at as improvements.It all depends on which side of the fence you sit I suppose.

fire wall
13th May 2009, 23:13
Like what Chards. Plse explain.

chards
13th May 2009, 23:24
Like first 3 years of command pay being frozen.

chards
13th May 2009, 23:26
Like if I wanted RA65 I would have gone to qf.

fire wall
13th May 2009, 23:32
First 3 years of command pay are frozen , ie remain the same as the currently are, until such a time as they are 5% below the Cmd 4 salary.
Age 65 retirement has been in place by way of extensions for ALL Captains who chose such (bar one) since 2007.
Neither of these two items you have quoted are a reduction to CURRENT terms (unless you are A scale or super B which patently you are not)

Anything else?

chards
14th May 2009, 00:54
so if pay levels frozen while other levels are increasing is not a reduction in terms then I don't know what is. As I said earlier- it depends on which side of the fence you sit. If cos08 was so good for me then cx wouldn't be so keen for me to sign it. Sorry I meant use my mouse to put a dot in a round box. I also have a novel way to save them millions on bypass pay- stop bypassing people. That's it from me.