View Full Version : EY Accomodation

Wilbur60
12th May 2009, 08:59
Hi Guys

Does anyone know about a Hotel room rental in AUH on a yearly basis?
(Royal Meridien,Sheraton,etc)
Any valuable info appreciated.
Rgrds.

Jofm5
12th May 2009, 09:38
All I can tell you having written software for the accor group of hotels is that they work on an occupency level roughly 60-80% (depending on size of hotel but you can achieve much more than the percentage difference) rooms will be unoccupied every night based upon late leavers no shows etc (of course in prime times e.g. shows, etc these are normally filled).

If you can guarantee a 1 year block booking you should be looking at at least a 25% discount as you have made the general managers occupancy target much easier for them to acieve as its recurring business. Just make sure when you negotiate you dont do it with the front desk you do it with the GM.

I have walked in off the street, asked if rooms are available before and once you have established they are - then ask for the general manager then barter on rate. Back in 97 my bosses gf was GM of the novotel at heathrow - the rack rate for the night was £79 but for our xmas do we got the rooms at £21 as that was all she needed to break even. - there is plenty of room for negotiation - on a years occupency I would aim for 50% discount and haggle hard - you will probably get near +-40% discount (Excluding breakfast).

If you say staff meals will be expensed in the restuarant there then you are laughing - plus also you should open an account - not only will you get 30 days credit you will be more creditable and will get priority should occupancy go up should an event raise their bookings.

Wilbur60
12th May 2009, 10:01
Thanks Jofm5.