PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Peru -> FAA

angel83
11th May 2009, 17:05
Hello !

Does anyone know how to transfer CPL IR ME Peru license to FAA ?
Thank you

FlyingOW
16th May 2009, 00:26
Based on my instructing expereince back in 2002-03 (probably has changed from those days by the way), the FAA will issue you with a PPL without any problems however your CPL and IRA will have to be converted which will most likely include a checkride.

This will require meeting the appropriate experience requirements as detailed in the FARs, Part 61 to be more specific, so buy the 2009 FAR/AIM!. But you won't need the total hours requirements for the license/rating since you have those already (250hrs for CPL and 40hrs for the IRA) presumably, but will require the PIC hours, night hours, complex hours, x-countries, 3 hrs in prep for checkride, etc, etc

I am also guessing they will ask you to take the written exams for both.

I suggest you make an appointment at your local FSDO, and go in with logbooks and licenses and get an official version on how to convert from an inspector!

Regards,

OW

152HEAVY
17th May 2009, 21:55
PPL- just paperwork and you get you FAA License.

Any other, you have to take the written test as well as the flying portion-check rides. As mentioned above, you must comply with all the FAA min. requirements and prepare very well for the orals because I'm really sure FAA regs. are very different from the regs. down in Peru. This leads to the need of some flight training to get the sign off from an instructor......and a lot of book reading to " learn to fly in the USA"

But again, it's not rocket science.

Good Luck