PDA

View Full Version : Wishfull thinking?

Young Pilot
11th May 2009, 11:35
Not sure whether there's been a thread on this topic, but I will shoot away any way. Is it just wishfull thinking to believe that there are US carriers out there (major/regional/coporate/private) that have filed for foreign pilots to obtain work permits in order to work for them? I did all my studies and flight training in the US for the past 5 years, however I moved back to the Caribbean a couple months ago. Wouldn't mind returning to flight instruct for example, but without a green card, I am lost as to how to make that happen. I am still legal to work in the US under my OPT (Optional Practical Training), but that will no longer be valid after July this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't hurt to ask right? :)

YP

BelArgUSA
11th May 2009, 12:29
The only way any US air carrier would hire you would be as US citizen, or holding a green card. Your only solution is a green card, whichever way you could get it. No other solution. And if eventually you qualify for one, as an example, by marriage, it will take you a year or so to get it. Not too many airlines hire in the US nowadays with the economy as it goes... will be years before it happens again.
xxx
:hmm:
Happy contrails