PDA

View Full Version : NZcpl to Oz cpl

biggles3
11th May 2009, 08:58
600 hr NZcpl keen to get away for the winter. Maybe do some scenic/charter work. How easy is it to convert to Oz Cpl ... .. whats required???:):)

DeathStar-Alpha
11th May 2009, 09:13
Errrrrr, have you tried looking on CAA or CASA website for starters??.. I think even google may have got you the answer straight away.

Took me 1min, look here (http://www.caa.govt.nz/pilots/For_NZ_pilots.htm) :eek:

biggles3
11th May 2009, 09:26
er oops, yeah cheers death star. Got all the legislative stuff sourced but what about Air law and ozzie rules, I see no reference to that anywhere. Any advice on whats needed before I bowl up cap in hand

DeathStar-Alpha
11th May 2009, 20:26
Ooooh not sure I can help you on that one sorry biggles3..

I know it can be a time consuming process, so if you're wanting to get over there for winter you should get the ball rolling yesterday :) for me it took probably 2months all up, the waiting period alone was about a month, plus 2 weeks postage. And check and double check and triple check everythings in order and correct as they can be picky at times and send it all back if it aint :\

I personally havn't flown in oz, even tho I've got my licence, so don't know about the rules re air law but would guess you don't have to do an exam as you've already got a licence.

Cheers

oh and your CAANZ medical will count as your OZ medical untill it expires then you will have to renew with a CASA doc :) goodluck!

waren9
11th May 2009, 21:23
Got all the legislative stuff sourced but what about Air law and ozzie rules, I see no reference to that anywhere

Thats because the Aussies recognise your NZ licence. Its a straight swap. Go to the CASA website, print out all the guff and just go through it step by step till you get to the end. CASA licencing have a ph no. on the website if you get stuck.

Dont leave anything out. They will put it in a corner and forget about it till you chase them up.