PDA

View Full Version : FPL Software

Radar35
9th May 2009, 08:45
Hi All,

working for a start up Ops & Handling Company and we are trying to find out the best Flight Planning & Weather Software for mix of aircraft i.e. Biz Jets to Airliner size.

Can anyone advise us accordingly please. Looked at Jeppesen Flt Star (I think it was called) as well as the SITA package.

Thanks in advance. :ok:

dc9-32
9th May 2009, 12:19
There are various software packages available and most come at a price. I PM'd you with an idea.

merlinxx
9th May 2009, 15:57
Sometimes It Takes Ages :E

Lauderdale
9th May 2009, 20:05
1) Here we go again: a supplier that is promising that their system can do anything.....

2) If they cant spell properly don't trust 'em! (sic)

:E

dc9-32
10th May 2009, 08:15
Radar35 - you have a PM :ok:

CaptWUFF
20th May 2009, 18:57
I Just started using this Flight Department Software called E-manage. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for, but it's free and really an amazing tool. Which flight planning software are you guys using? I like free stuff, and there is tons out there to use!

no sig
20th May 2009, 19:45
Radar35

I can't help but think that if you are seriously looking for a flight planning system for a new business then asking this sort of question on PPrune isn't going to get you very far. Selection of a flight planning system to meet this sort of need is no easy task.

May I suggest that you develop a system specification and your budget parameters; do your research online- contact those companies who offer a system that might meet your needs and speak with them directly- ask them to come demonstrate the system to you- come up with a short list of three or so system's that could work for you. Importantly establish who their present customers are and once you've done all that- then start asking around the business for views on how well your short list of system's work and go and see them in action.

You're putting the cart before the horse by asking such a wide ranging question here.

CaptWUFF
20th May 2009, 21:02
Yeah, I agree. Each Flight Department is unique in nature and requires their own specific software. What I like about the E-manage program is that it is pretty basic and does not try to do too much. You can use what you want. I know that Signature was using them, but then they built a dedicated service for Signature and now Signature uses that system to stand alone. I think there are a few others out there, but i haven't come across too many free services that are as good as this one. If you can get a company to give you a free trial, that's probably the best. I've had bad experiences with the free trial system, because many companies don't let you use all of the features.

Radar35
21st May 2009, 03:48
Thanks guys for all the info and links. The E-manage comes up with a permanent error when you try to register.

Thanks again all, much appreciated. :ok: