PDA

View Full Version : How much visits required to India to complete CPL?

mannymux
8th May 2009, 02:29
Hey Guys,

Can you give me a idea of how many visits I would need to make to India to convert my licenses to CPL? How much can I get done in one visit? I probably could not stay for more than two weeks at a time seeing I fly in the states. Thanks guys....

Capt.Morrgan
8th May 2009, 22:11
at the rate of two weeks at a time could take a while unless you plan well. do all your study for cpl conversion exams out in the US or wherever you are (unless you like to be spoon fed like most i've come across), get someone to apply for a computer # in the mean time, if you dont have one already, and for the tests itself. travel to india and take the exams (don't forget about RTR), hope n pray you pass, apply for the actual conversion and make sure you don't miss out on any reqd document coz those babus can come up with just about any excuse not to approve your application. And yes, get a class -1 medical in hand prior to any of the above. it's unnecesarrily a long and painful process.
good luck!

jester_icarus
8th May 2009, 22:36
"how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie roll lollipop?"

Challenger05
9th May 2009, 17:00
Enroll in a decent frequent flier program unless you can jump seat on a major flying out of States to India.... Might as well make some good come out of the trips..