PDA

View Full Version : Duxford 9/10th September

OneWorld22
28th Aug 2000, 14:48
Is anyone going along on the said dates? The Imperial War Museum will be putting on the Ultimate Battle Of Britain event, over 30 Spitfires and Hurricanes will take to the air for the 60th anniversary show.
Gates will open at 0830 and flying starts at 1400 it's £20.00 admission for adults and reductions for senior citizens and kids.

Come on folks, you may never see the like again, yahoo!!!!

[This message has been edited by OneWorld22 (edited 28 August 2000).]

Flintstone
28th Aug 2000, 20:31
With any luck I'll be pootling around in a Rapide :)

See you there.

Mycroft
28th Aug 2000, 23:47
http://www.iwm.org.uk/duxford/babani.htm
went to this years Flying Legends Show and it was certainly impressive; note that a free bus operates from Cambridge; check web site for details if interested - car access can be a problem as at all air shows

Toebrake
29th Aug 2000, 09:14
I'll be flying in with a PA 28 and my aged (war veteran) father, Really looking forward to it. See you all there.

LowNSlow
29th Aug 2000, 14:47
Going to Cub it. Now wouldn't the Pprune badges be handy here?

How about arranging a meeting place?

------------------
When the wheels stop turning you're high enuff. CubTrek. To slowly go...

Mark 1
29th Aug 2000, 16:38
Unfortunately I'm missing Duxford, but taking advantage of the offer for the Biggin Hill BoB display on the 17th Sept.

That is free landing, admission and lunch in the pilot's tent for crews of pre-1960 aircraft flying in by prior arrangement.

Contact is [email protected]

See you there?

QNH
3rd Sep 2000, 20:23
Be there in a PA28 also

Toebrake
5th Sep 2000, 09:52
The weather is starting to look a bit poo for the weekend. Fingers crossed.

I'm going on the Saturday with a 9:57 slot anyone else around at that time? It would be great to say Hi.

------------------
Backtrack if required

Toebrake
10th Sep 2000, 22:00
Just got back from the Saturday show..... Brilliant I (& my Father) had a great time, thanks to all involved.

The mass Spit and Hurri fly took my breath away.

How was the Sunday show, did the great weather hold?

------------------
Backtrack if required