PDA

View Full Version : BBMF at Runnymede Memorial Noon Sat/Sun

Icare9
7th May 2009, 17:12
I hear that the BBMF will make a flypast at Runnymede this weekend to mark the VE Day anniversary. Not seen anything on here, so thought I'd mention it.

Believe this will be at Noon, no doubt those better informed will give fuller details, but just wanted to give a "Heads Up" to anyone who is interested.

(Mods: Feel free to move to Military aircrew or Aviation History & Nostalgia, but thought it would get more notice as a "News" item).

Flap40
7th May 2009, 18:56
Last that I heard (yesterday) was that it was in the DDA hangar at Schiphol having the No4 engine changed as it had a problem during/after all the flypats in Holland on the 4th/5th.

Fly-by-Wife
7th May 2009, 20:46
having the No4 engine changed as it had a problem during/after all the flypats in Holland

If flypats can take out a 4-engined bomber, I'd hate to think what their cowpats could do! :eek:

Assume the Sptifire and Hurricane would be good to go, though.

FBW

Muzzey
10th May 2009, 14:59
I was at Runnymede this morning - a wonderfull view as the BBMF Dakota overflew the site and returned to pass over the memorial dead on time!

Dakota believed to be filling the spot for the poorly Lancaster, still a great aircraft to see and hear