PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening with Eastern Airways?

Deputy Dog
7th May 2009, 12:13
Was thinking of applying to Eastern a couple of weeks back as, according to PPJN, the outlook was positive. Today I noticed this ...

"Company letters being sent to all flight crew asking them to consider going part-time before a deadline, after this people may be getting redundant."

Gosh, what's happened in the last couple of weeks:eek:

Regards

DD:ok::ok:

silverknapper
7th May 2009, 12:59
If you were thinking about it why didn't you do it?

Don't believe everything you see on PPJN. Things may be positive for any reason. Remember it is updated by anyone who is interested enough so could be full of rubbish.

no sponsor
7th May 2009, 13:23
In a move, whose logic escapes me, Eastern took on all of the pilots from Flightline, which went bust. However, no actual aircraft where part of the deal, so Eastern did indeed just get a load more pilots, who then undertook conversion training.

So now the company has a surplus of flight crew. Not really a surprise. I can't work out the logic of the move in taking on crews, but no actual airframes.

Deputy Dog
7th May 2009, 13:54
"If you were thinking about it why didn't you do it?"

13 to 15 thousand reasons mainly :(:(

rock-hopper
7th May 2009, 20:24
Eastern did not take on all of the pilots from flightline. They took who they needed at the time that the company went under.

clear prop!!!
7th May 2009, 23:13
Perhaps, and I dont know this for sure, but with Flightline, TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) may well have kicked in.
All a bit of a farse really 'cos you can make them redundant after only 1 month as I understand it.