PDA

View Full Version : Thread Post counter

Evanelpus
7th May 2009, 10:47
Hi guys

Mine seems to have stuck at 398 for ages, I send replies and it still doesn't go up. There must be a simple explanation, can someone please tell me what it is?

MTIA

Saab Dastard
7th May 2009, 10:51
Posts to Jet Blast do not increment post count.

BTW, there was a time when any discussion about one's post count would result in it being reset to zero! :E :eek:

SD

Evanelpus
7th May 2009, 10:54
Thanks Saab.

I couldn't believe it but when I posted this thread I noticed it had gone up to 399.....bummer.

BTW, there was a time when any discussion about one's post count would result in it being reset to zero!

Shock horror, wonder why that was?

Jimmy Macintosh
7th May 2009, 22:43
People were starting threads to increase the count and just posting one word answers etc.

After a while it was renamed Aunty Mary's Lottery Winnings. But to stop people highlighting their internet prowess they were zeroed if it was mentioned.

If you want to see how many you've actually done search your username by post and you'll get an answer.

Whirlygig
7th May 2009, 22:53
Jimmy, that only works if you've less than 2,000 posts :}

Cheers

Whirls

Saab Dastard
7th May 2009, 23:33
Whirls,

I feel a 4 thousand post deduction coming on... :E

I actually joined PPRuNe in 2000, but due to a server glitch in 2003 had to re-register, so I lost a lot of posts. I still don't quite understand what happened, as I was able to rejoin with exactly the same name. But then PPRuNe was a lot flakier back then! :}

SD

Evanelpus
8th May 2009, 08:24
People were starting threads to increase the count and just posting one word answers etc.

After a while it was renamed Aunty Mary's Lottery Winnings. But to stop people highlighting their internet prowess they were zeroed if it was mentioned.

If you want to see how many you've actually done search your username by post and you'll get an answer.

Thanks for that, I've been here so long and didn't realise this.

Jimmy Macintosh
8th May 2009, 21:54
Whirls, isn't it frightening when that amount doesn't even include your jetblast posts! I feel Mr Draper has more to be concerned about though.

Quite right though.

Nightrider
9th May 2009, 09:39
SD,
I actually joined PPRuNe in 2000, but due to a server glitch in 2003 had to re-register, so I lost a lot of posts. I still don't quite understand what happened, as I was able to rejoin with exactly the same name. But then PPRuNe was a lot flakier back then!
You are not alone on this....:oh: