PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed-FAVORIT PROGRAMME--how to remove

Charley B
7th May 2009, 09:44
Hi,
Computer went wrong last week-had an PC engineer in to sort it and he has somehow put on this annoying programme-that seems to sense what i am looking at(if I look at EBay a bidding ad appears--at BAA lgw site-- holiday and flight ads appear as tabs at bottom of page)!!!
Other half is not sure wht to do about this either--HELP PLEASE--IT IS A PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE!!It is like Big Brother watching all the time!!
Expect they get a cut out of this as well:ugh:

Saab Dastard
7th May 2009, 10:57
Are you talking about Google ads that appear?

I would hate to think that anyone installed a program without your permission. It is perhaps more likely that some settings in your browser have reverted to default, or a plug-in has been removed.

Perhaps a complaint / query to the bod that did the work would be the best course of action?

SD

Charley B
7th May 2009, 11:29
Many Thanks
We have looked at the settings and put them back to Medium and hope this has rectified the problem!
Had been put on low!

Charley B
11th May 2009, 18:00
Further to my earlier postings-these annoying ads have still kept appearing so I put a search in google What is Favorit just now and it is an ad software programme designed to find you the best products etc--the PC engineer DID download this onto our computer or POSSIBLY it was put on with the new graphics card!!
To get rid of these pesky pop up tabs-go to Control Panel-find the program FAVORIT and delete it!!!!
No more Hisperia Hotels-or Florida Hols Or Legal & Gen ins--PEACE!!