PDA

View Full Version : Man U Airlift...

deanofs
7th May 2009, 06:42
Hi, does anyone have any information about flights expected to depart Man for Rome for Cup final later this month ? What time will viewing park open ? Will it be a big airlift ?? Looking forward to your replies

ballyctid
7th May 2009, 08:38
I'm confused, why would they be going from MAN? There will be many flights from LGW, STN, DUB, BHD and I bet you the terminal at Knock won't cope, there will be even charters from Singapore and Timbuktoo but I doubt there will be many from MAN. :)

mrmagooo
7th May 2009, 08:49
Well you dont sound like to much of a......... (delete as appropriate)

bitter blue/ sad gooner/ chelsea rent boy/ anyone but united

supporter :E

Gulf4uk
7th May 2009, 09:05
Think its a bit Early to get full details of flights but use the MAN spotters websites they normally carry all that information.
Have never Seen a ground Empty so Fast at Halftime as it did at Arsenal
most were not going for refreshments . As for last night its best forgotten.

tony

AircraftOperations
7th May 2009, 09:21
There may well be a few aircraft now booked for this match, but it will still take time for all details to filter through (although the Manchester thread in Airports and Airlines carries a few names).

Can't see why there would be anything too exotic, as Rome is close enough to take the car or train if necessary; well served by scheduled flights (as are other cities like Milan); no other English team in the final to fight for aircraft with; lots of airlines still quiet with charter capacity available.

There might be a couple of the usual 747s/A330s, but other than than it will be UK and near Europe based narrowbodies at a guess... plus some private jets.

ballyctid
7th May 2009, 11:39
Well spotted Mr Magoo. born and bred in Manchester so obviously a City fan!

I'm actually working in Spain at the moment and so i'll be shouting for the lads from Barca!

donnlass
7th May 2009, 11:59
You could try The Aviation Society Website.

Home (http://tasmanchester.co.uk/Home.html)

They have quite detailed information on the Airlift.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!:D:D:D

1station
7th May 2009, 16:54
Expected approx 100 extra flights on the 27th May from around 0100 through to lunch time ish. Slots currently being sifted through from the airlines but usual suspects will be visiting, Air Italy, Corsair, Iberworld etc.

pwalhx
8th May 2009, 20:58
I was born and bred in Manchester so obviously I am an United fan, like many of my friends and neighbours, when will this urban myth die that all people from Manchester support the bitters, god give me strength.

As has been said there are some details of airlines applying for slots in the Manchester thread.

spannersatcx
9th May 2009, 09:16
heard 2x VS346 one on 26/5 one on 27/5 carrying Man UTD (it's not just a u as that is an insult, any true UTD fan will know why) staff etc!

ManofMan
10th May 2009, 12:30
Nothing in the system for the VS 340 (as yet), usual suspects im afraid, mostly repeats from the final that was at OT.

Airlines that have asked for slots include .... Neos, Finnair, Globespan, Air Italy, Fly Hello, Corsair, MAPJet, Blueline, CSA, Iberworld, Travel Service, Air Medeterainee, Aigle Azur, Dubrovnik Air.

I will post a full list when it becomes public knowledge and i wont get the boot for listing it !!

INKJET
10th May 2009, 13:27
at least 5 bmibaby aircraft are taking part in the rome air lift

MAN777
15th May 2009, 15:29
Latest list is on TAS website

www.tasmanchester.co.uk

1station
15th May 2009, 22:27
Man U travelling out on Bank Holiday Monday via Ocean Sky (not VS) and back on 28th (not VS). Inbound flight will go on T2 apparently and team off back steps to waiting coach as they did last year.