PDA

View Full Version : Air Seychelles HM63 Engine Trouble

georgesriver
7th May 2009, 05:36
06 May 2009 1138 UTC
I was cleared to line up after Air Seychelles HM63 rolled for takeoff at Singapore's Changi International Airport. As the aircraft lined up at RWY20C, I looked up and witness a bright glow of orange color coming from the left engine of the B767 in the upwind. Informed the tower of what we had seen.
After taking off, we could see HM63 stopped climb and we heard on the approach freq that the pilot reported emergency in progress and required to return immediately to RWY20C. He also required full emergency assistance upon landing becoz he received report from paxs witnessing sparks coming from the engine. HM63 landed safely and departed the next day at 0345 UTC.

Before the whole incident, HM63 was seen taxiing off the active runway due to some tech problem during the lineup. I wondered what happened then... hmm.. but apparently, it was a real problem.

Anybody has any info?

matkat
7th May 2009, 10:43
Engine failure.

lomapaseo
7th May 2009, 13:13
I was cleared to line up after Air Seychelles HM63 rolled for takeoff at Singapore's Changi International Airport. As the aircraft lined up at RWY20C, I looked up and witness a bright glow of orange color coming from the left engine of the B767

I'm confused :confused:

in the quote above I'm not sure whether the B767 was on the ground or in the air when you looked up. Your words "look up" could be interpreted as looking up from eyes lowered looking at your instruments or looking up into the sky.

georgesriver
8th May 2009, 11:35
B767 was at upwind..:}

matkat
8th May 2009, 13:00
It was an air turn back. No.1 engine CF6-80A2

leewan
11th May 2009, 15:30
departed the next day at 0345 UTC.
It's still grounded in S'pore for the time being. No 1 engine is quite badly burnt. Awaiting engine change. It's now parked in bay 307 or 308. Should be able to see it from T1 viewing mall.