View Full Version : Female skill : something different.

KIFIS
30th Jun 2001, 15:02
As an addition to the “ female pilots” discussion that is running here perhaps some of you may care to ponder on this. Last year I went to China to visit the site of the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River. The wall of the dam is moving towards about 75% completion and its construction is such that a fleet of immense super cranes ride across it and lift into place massive concrete blocks that must weigh hundreds of tons. Each block is designed to fit exactly into its allocated position and must mesh with the surrounding blocks. I was told that each crane has a crew of three and that the best crane drivers are young women, one of the captains of these massive lifters was only 23 and her female first officers were even younger. The engineers responsible for all this feel that young women have an in-built skill that allows them to position the concrete blocks accurately, softly and with great precision. Don’t ask me to explain further but it seems to me that these are the same skills that a good hands on pilot should have.

KIFIS

BRUpax
30th Jun 2001, 19:02
But why can't women park cars then?

Luftwaffle
6th Jul 2001, 20:00
Because all our lives we've been told that
> this < is six inches.

CAVU
6th Jul 2001, 22:16
From the same country that thinks Communism is still the way forward.

StressFree
6th Jul 2001, 22:38
CAVU,
Well said, theres nothing more I can add.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

[This message has been edited by StressFree (edited 06 July 2001).]

Nick Figaretto
9th Jul 2001, 12:23
Yes, and China still hasn't got rid of the savage tradition of capital punishment...
:rolleyes:

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: Nick Figaretto ]

Megaton
9th Jul 2001, 16:24
And neither has the US...

Nick Figaretto
9th Jul 2001, 16:30
Yes, that was my point... :)

Pandora
9th Jul 2001, 17:26
BRUpax,
we can park cars, it's just men have been stuck in their cave so long they haven't noticed yet.

Whoever crunched the front of my big red girlymobile last week in the staff carpark had better go into hiding for their own safety. :mad: