PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Air Show - Landing charges

cogwheel
6th May 2009, 23:55
Having attended many AV air shows, I was somewhat surprised to receive a bill for $40+ as a display aircraft for this 09 show.

In past years the charge has been waived. Not much chance for a lot of folk flying in next time with that sort of charge, just to be part of the fun!

Just have to wait and see. If you got a bill, then best complain. I trust someone is working on it by now??

:ugh::ugh::ugh::mad::mad::mad:

Mick.B
7th May 2009, 00:10
They just dont get it do they. Thats got to be a mistake.

tipsy2
7th May 2009, 00:43
The landing charges for HARS, the RAAF and the USAF (and others) must just about be the same as a 3rd world countries GDP;)

And air show organisers wonder why aircraft owners are reticent about making their aircraft available for public display.:ugh:

And what would happen if you didn't pay the $40?

I would be surprised if HARS, the RAAF and the USAF paid any landing fees. If they did you could bet it would be the last time any of them attended.:=

tipsy
:yuk:furball:yuk::yuk:

PyroTek
7th May 2009, 01:25
I would be surprised if HARS, the RAAF and the USAF paid any landing fees.
Better not mess with them or push the issue. They got bombs an' sh!t!

muddergoose
7th May 2009, 02:23
1. Lindsay Fox's appearence on Sunday Night (CH 7 Program,) with PM Kevin Rudd, reminded me of a newly married couple. In addition, Lindsay spoke in supportive terms of helping create jobs for Australians and was there to help the Government.

2. Federal Government to announce later in the year if Avalon becomes Victoria's second International Airport.

3. If the above are related and Avalon becomes the second International airport did we just see the last of the Avalon airshows?

4. If point 3 is valid why wouldn't you milk a cow before you put it out to pasture?

:8

Walrus 7
7th May 2009, 03:01
I suggest the bill be forwarded to ASDU for payment, complete with an invoice for having your plane at the show.

Walrus

bentleg
7th May 2009, 07:03
I'd take it up with ASDU. The outcome will be of interest.

Albizia
7th May 2009, 09:38
Just curious, who was the bill from. I know that we (ASA) weren't keeping any records for charging? No-one can read my hand writing anyway...

compressor stall
7th May 2009, 11:26
Avdata most likely - they have little computers that listen to and log the radio calls.... here's their propoganda. http://www.avdata.com.au/Images/brochureAirport.pdf

VH-XXX
7th May 2009, 13:28
As stated, call the organisers, probably just a mistake.

triadic
8th May 2009, 12:45
ASDU advise that Avdata made error and charges will be withdrawn.