PDA

View Full Version : medical & licence nationality differences

Squawk7777
6th May 2009, 19:47
Hello!

Quick question about the JAR class 1 medical. Does it have to be from the same country/aviation authority that your licence is? Can a holder of a UK (JAR) ATPL fly with a Spanish/French/German JAR class one medical?

Thanks,

7 7 7 7

CAR900
11th May 2009, 20:09
Could someone please post answers to this question........ I'm also in the same Boat.

Cheers

MartinCh
12th May 2009, 01:35
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg1202.pdf

That should be what you need. I'm not sure of the procedures TO other JAA states, but then you should check out the website or inquire in person/by phone.

Print it, fill it out and send with all the desired info/docs.
There's small charge, about 20 quid for it (last time I checked). Otherwise seach for 'SOLI' or the SRG 1202 on CAA website or through google, in case you can't find direct link I posted above.

Someone mentioned possible issues with 'initial', but I don't think it's a problem.
Now that the UK Class 1 is cheaper (only thanks to less testing required..) it may be OK enough, not considering the in/convenience of travel.

As to all the details of an answer to your question, I'm not sure. The link to form is for the UK side to know your medical details from medical done abroad. Guess important for any initial licence issues etc.

Squawk7777
16th Jun 2009, 10:39
For those still interested: Rang up the CAA and was told that if you have a medical from another country that is JAR compliant you can still exercise the privileges of your license. You (or the medical examiner) have/has to send the renewal paperwork to the CAA.

Straight forward; am actually pleasantly surprised!