PDA

View Full Version : Looking for B737 NG OJT worksheets

Sand Pups
6th May 2009, 12:33
I'm completing an B737 NG EASA course. The company doesn't provide a schedule of experience or OJT worksheets to submit for getting it on my license.

(NEW WORK SHEETS WITH THE DETAILED TASKS REQUIRED TO PERFORM) So I can actualy do the work.

I am not asking someone elses completed forms.

If anybody has a softcopy. Please email it to my address.

Thanks for any assistance

LME (GOD)
6th May 2009, 15:30
Thats because you actually have to work on the aircraft not use somebody elses OJT sheets.:=

Swedish Steve
6th May 2009, 15:55
Some EASA training companies run practical courses, after or together with the theory. SAS does and SR Technics. When you do the practical course you will receive the schedule to complete during the training. This constitutes your worksheets and is accepted for a type endorsment.
My mate did a theory only course, but managed to scrounge the practical sheets when there. It makes life much easier because these sheets are designed by a 147 co, and accepted by the CAA.
If you can't get one, you have to do your own.
Definitely worth asking for.(but I only have the CF6-80.)

10DowningSt
6th May 2009, 16:58
A friend is doing a 737NG now with Bostonair Technical Training in Santa Pola, that's being followed by OJT and BTTL are issuing logbooks/worksheets designed for that purpose. Suggest you contact them; they may let you have/sell you a copy.

boeing_eng
6th May 2009, 21:21
Alternatively, you could actually perform some old school real work on the type and complete the relevant experience forms:rolleyes:

Shockingly, a lot of these 147 issued practical sheets contain nothing more than "I-Spy" tasks which course candidates can manage to complete whilst wandering around "C" checks during a lunch break!!

Bus429
7th May 2009, 06:15
Hi Boeingeng,

I'm afraid OJT on a 320 course I attended in early 90s was largely "spot the box". I remember an old CAA surveyor telling me his HS Trident course in the 60s or 70s was literally months with schematics for notes; he felt he knew quite a bit about the aircraft at the end!

Swedish Steve
7th May 2009, 18:22
Alternatively, you could actually perform some old school real work on the type and complete the relevant experience forms

Yes thats the way to do it if you are taking a licence on a type widely available at the place that you work. We don't all have that opportunity.
I work on a small line station. I go on a type course. Then I need worksheets. The type that I am doing this year is not even operated by my company so I have to go somewhere and do the worksheets. The most reliable way is for me to go to SR Technics, or SAS. They run practical courses where you are issued with some sheets to complete. These are then validated by the EASA 147 organistation as being complete. Send the completed form to the CAA and you know its going to be accepted. How else can I do it? Making up my own sheets and I know they will be rejected for some omission. It is worth paying for the practical course to get a known end date. I need to have the licence by Oct when the type arrives at my station.

10DowningSt
8th May 2009, 06:23
I'll endorse Swedish Steve's comment; it's very easy from the comfort of a nice well-paid job with an employer who pays for your courses and time away to make comments like Boeing Eng made.

And don't blame the Part 147 schools for implementing the EASA regulations; if you don't like them complain to EASA.

What the regs will do is enable people who have not got the nice well-paid comfortable jobs to get the qualifications they need to get them. And not all the required tasks are "I-Spy".

That said, there are good Part 147 schools and bad ones, and care is needed when choosing to get a course that is properly taught by good instructors.

boeing_eng
8th May 2009, 10:14
Swedish Steve.........Fair enough!....The process you describe is obviously a logical way to get that particular type rating in those circumstances (although some airlines would still expect you to have worked the type before issuing a company approval….even if it involved a decent secondment to an airline operating that type!)

10downingstreet......I can assure you, the 147 practical sheets I have seen are totally lacking in any substance and simply involve component locations etc and a few button pushing exercises!!....oh perhaps a wheel/brake change!:ugh:

This isn't about having a "comfortable" airline job.....Its about dumbing the system down because some operator/MRO beancounters have put EASA under pressure to make things quicker and easier. I'm aware of some ridiculously short type courses that are now being run (1 week 737CL to 737NG)........(10 day 757 to 767!!)....Even the instructors privately admit that things are not good

10DowningSt
8th May 2009, 17:48
Boeing Eng...

I'm not disagreeing, see my last para. It's the bad schools that issue the bad worksheets as well as teaching the theory simply as an exam passing exercise.

If the end users paid more attention to quality that would provide the checks and balances needed. But just as with Human Factors certificates issued after a non-course, it's a box-ticking exercise.

Sand Pups
9th May 2009, 06:08
Obviously, you didn’t understand my request. I need the blank forms with specific tasks, so I can go out and perform them.
Thanks

Sand Pups
9th May 2009, 06:12
Thats what I am looking for, the forms. The company providing the training is not providing the forms.

Thanks

10DowningSt
10th May 2009, 17:53
Suggest you re-read post #4

Suggest you contact them; they may let you have/sell you a copy.

But you also need to get acquainted with the rules, especially about assessors etc.

You cannot just do each task and get a mate to sign it off.

fastener
15th May 2009, 08:32
Why not get a CAP 741 Engineers log book from the UK CAA and record the actual jobs you carry out. If you use a pre printed job list from a part 147 school you may not be able to fill it in due to your work location. If you are on the line you will not be able to write up the pre printed hangar jobs and Vice versa for the hangar. Also its always a good idea to contact the NAA where you are applying for the type licence to see what they will be looking for regarding your OJT. This will be based on the the types you already have on your licence and your previous experience. The rules in this area are deliberately "grey" to allow flexibility for OJT based on the applicants previous experience. Take a look at Part 66 G.M.66.A.45(d).

smudgethecat
15th May 2009, 10:49
List of Engineer Licensing Forms | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=list&type=formcat&id=1)