PDA

View Full Version : OTT Banner Ads.

turbotrash
29th Sep 2000, 14:23
Hello All,

Is it just me or have the Banner ads on this site staged a tactical takeover.

Last night I had the odd unobtrusive banner at the head of pages, but today, they are everywhere. At the head of every posting anyway.

Personally, I find that a bit off-putting, and mildly annoying.

Is this required to fund our much loved pprune, or can it be toned down again, or is it just my computer playing up(again?)

Any comments? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

lineup
29th Sep 2000, 15:00
Must be your Computer!!! :)

FLASH
29th Sep 2000, 15:30
Hello there turbo, I would agree with you about the banners.If you check out the computer issues forum, there is mention of a free download to prevent banners from loading in the first place,thus increasing refresh/download rate.
(Ps i think many rats are about to jump ship. Heh Heh !!!)

Capt PPRuNe
29th Sep 2000, 15:59
There has been no change to the way banners are shown on this site and there is one ad per page. If you can't stand them then please forward as much as you can afford and if it is enough to cover the cost of maintaining all the servers, the licences for the software and all the other incidentals it takes to run this website I would be more than happy to stop putting banner adverts on this website.

Until then you are free to go and find a similar site with no advertising.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

InFinRetirement
29th Sep 2000, 16:56
:) :) :) ;)

WX Man
30th Sep 2000, 13:14
I'm not getting those problems. Must be all those dodgy sites that you visited after seeing the link in Jet Blast last week!

Even if I was it is a small price to pay for such a good site.