PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on where to do FIR at Jandakot

bill.lumbergh
6th May 2009, 09:57
Hey guys,

I'm faced with the above decision. I've done the walk on the strip and spoken to the operators etc.. While the info was useful I thought i'd tap the knowledge pool of people more experienced than me, aka PPruners:}.

There is a closed thread on this topic but it's 5 yrs old so I thought i'd see if there were any new views.

Thanks all:ok:

bill.lumbergh
8th May 2009, 08:17
No info anyone???

InTransit
8th May 2009, 10:55
Does it have to be at Jandakot? Have you considered Ad-Astral at Perth Airport? It's been a while since I did my IFR, so they might not even be around anymore, but worth a thought.

Flash_11
8th May 2009, 12:36
have a look at Advanced cockpit flight training, they do it in a fixed undercarriage patenavea and I believe they have just purchased a rectable one as well, web site wwwacft.com.au speak to Trent Robinson.

the wizard of auz
8th May 2009, 13:52
I would imagine he is talking about a Flight Instructor Rating. Hence the FIR. I may be wrong though............ It happened once. :E

flying-spike
8th May 2009, 22:46
Not wanting to take the P155 out of the poster. But when you mention a rectable Partenavia it made me think the manufacturer finaly realised where they should stick their aircraft:)

triadic
9th May 2009, 01:30
Suggest you go to PER and talk to Ron M at Ad-Astral. He is the best for IFR training and I would guess he would know where you would best do an Instructor rating in the area.

bill.lumbergh
9th May 2009, 11:07
Yeah you'd be right there Wiz I am talking about Flight Instructor Rating.:ok:

moonrat22
10th May 2009, 00:53
try Air Australia
just finishing an FIR course and will start another one within the month i believe

made alot of changes there recently. got very good grade one instructors too!

Towering Q
10th May 2009, 03:09
Just ask for Chuck.:cool:

the wizard of auz
14th May 2009, 09:10
Or the JET JOCK. He'll get a kick out of that. :E