PDA

View Full Version : A Book was started.....

Rollingthunder
6th May 2009, 08:20
two folks started to write,

the bluebells grew under foot,

Girl with a Stick and Rollingthunder. A team effort

Radar66
6th May 2009, 08:27
...as the sun filtered through the beech leaves...

cdtaylor_nats
6th May 2009, 08:30
and birdsong filled the air

Radar66
6th May 2009, 08:33
and the deer watched the young couple walking and talking

henry crun
6th May 2009, 08:39
when suddenly there was a bang and the deer dropped dead............

Radar66
6th May 2009, 09:02
the big burly man cocked his gun and turned round to his smaller partner...

anotherthing
6th May 2009, 09:50
and said, with a wistful look in his eyes

oldshuck
6th May 2009, 09:55
I was only cleaning it

MagnusP
6th May 2009, 11:36
and then the sky was torn asunder as the plasma bolts from the invading spacecraft vapourised the couple, the deer carcass, the hunter and his diminutive companion.

anotherthing
6th May 2009, 11:43
The landing craft landed on in the clearing made by the plasma bolts. A door opened and revealed a ramp, down which a...

MagnusP
6th May 2009, 11:54
stunning blonde woman with exotic eyes strode, holding her hand weapons ready.

The young fawn, orphaned by the earlier gunshot walked up to her and nuzzled her leg.

Wod
6th May 2009, 12:12
the tears which flowed defied cynicism, and the alien lady....

vonbag
6th May 2009, 12:22
tried to console the orphan in the best way she knew (but not as we would )...

tony draper
6th May 2009, 12:29
From the ancient plague pit beyond the Dire Swamp he arose,Jack of Swords.
:uhoh:
eeek one frightened oneself there.:eek:

Davaar
6th May 2009, 12:35
so he went to an even older book, and there he read: "Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness to the flesh".

So he lit a Havana and rested.

MagnusP
6th May 2009, 13:50
The exotically-eyed alien woman strode over to him and cried "Smoking?? In a public place?? You travesty of a salient being!! For this you must be punished."

Davaar
6th May 2009, 14:06
"B*gger me!", he said: "It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman".

Storminnorm
6th May 2009, 14:10
and with that he stubbed his ciggy out on the foot of the Woman

vonbag
6th May 2009, 14:15
...and, as he did this, she told him what the punishment would be.
The fawn looking with terror, she turned into her real aspect,
similar to Medusa, and the Jack of Swords was instantly petrified.

Davaar
6th May 2009, 14:42
"I thought I was clear enough", he said, "But I'll try again: It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop than with a brawling woman in a wide house".

"Do not fash me with your bogles and clashmariddle (or clashmahavers, or clishmaclavers, if you prefer). He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness and honour. So they tell me, but whiles I ha'e a doot. Anyway, your Jezebels affect me but little. Any snash, and I am oot o' here.

racedo
6th May 2009, 15:17
On a Honda 50 while wearing a coal scuttle helmet. The Alien then picked and swallowed the fawn completely and spat out its hooves. Licking her lips she said "My Alien friends said Meat was Deer here" and so it came to pass that the book which should never have been written got to page 2.

Davaar
6th May 2009, 15:36
But to those who are fawnd of it, price is neither here nor there.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
6th May 2009, 16:15
meanwhile jack had climbed into the ship, and playing with the controls.

"this thing can't be that hard to fly......." when his eye was caught by the Big Red Button which said "do not press".....

isi3000
6th May 2009, 16:32
so he did not press it. He instead walked a little further on to find...

anotherthing
6th May 2009, 16:40
A strange brass plaque engraved with the legend "With wings of gold and a knob of butter"

Scrubbed
6th May 2009, 16:44
And then the sun, which had been unstable for millenia, exploded and enveloped one after the other: Mercury, Venus, The Earth, Mars... then Jupiter which also exploded and set off a chain reaction throughout The Milky Way.

OFSO
6th May 2009, 16:46
Deep beneath the surface of the sea, the weeds swirled and crabs danced on the wreckage of a DC-3. A propellor gently rotated in the current....

Scrubbed
6th May 2009, 17:11
until it, too, was caught in the vast stellar explosion which ultimately destroyed the galaxy.

lomapaseo
6th May 2009, 17:39
As the heavens above unfolded into a cacophony of catastrophic light I calmy lit another phart to add my bit to the meaningless of the universe.

Rollingthunder
6th May 2009, 17:47
meanwhile I walked the cigararette strewn streets, looking for something, something.

anotherthing
6th May 2009, 17:56
but found nothing, nothing... wait, what's that I spy...

racedo
6th May 2009, 18:19
Its Elvis busking outside a five and dime with Hendrix on backing and Keith Moon away with the fairies...

Radar66
6th May 2009, 18:40
singing 'oh what a perfect day' as the heavens cascaded down colours like never before...

anotherthing
6th May 2009, 18:57
...seen in Scunthorpe. A 6ft tall, basque wearing chihuahua teetered on high heels past the ageing rockers and said, in a strangely deep resonant voice...

ThreadBaron
6th May 2009, 20:07
"Now is the winter of our discontent ..."

vonbag
6th May 2009, 20:18
...and so, in her rushed escape from the ship, the one that symbolised all what she beleived in but, at the same time, all of her previous trouble, the she-alien met up with a guy called Bruno (of Sicilian ancestry), who owned this gasoline station in the middle of no-where...

OFSO
6th May 2009, 20:36
..a gasoline station with a difference: this one pumped petrol out of automobile fuel tanks and back into the ground.

visibility3miles
6th May 2009, 20:46
Clearly turning it into the dominion of the perennial P. C. Plod, who, forsooth, was long overdue for an appearance in a thread such as this, although he might be viewed as a thread hijacker threat.

vonbag
6th May 2009, 20:49
She noticed that immediately, thanks to her trascendent naturally built-in capabilities,
and Bruno, also stunned by her apparent beauty, was even too late to proffer any attempt to an apology...

(fear not, this is last contribution on this thread -- good continuation)

visibility3miles
6th May 2009, 20:53
but obsequiously offered whatever assistance was within his humble capacity...

Davaar
6th May 2009, 21:02
...... and for this they invented the micro-chip, or was it something else?

visibility3miles
6th May 2009, 21:38
something ELSE...

racedo
6th May 2009, 22:37
But she still couldn't fit her bosoms into an M and S bra....

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
7th May 2009, 06:27
jack had noticed she couldn't fit into the M&S bra....so dragged her back with him into the safety of the ship as he could see the coming explosion of the sun

MagnusP
7th May 2009, 07:30
Meanwhile, the two biologists who had, mercifully, been just outside the perimeter of the intial plasma blast were speculating as to just how an apparently alien humanoid being (albeit with spectacularly unfettered breasts) could apparently metabolise protein from an earth mammal such as the devoured fawn. Could it be that, rather than an alien, this woman was from the future?

Davaar
7th May 2009, 07:33
Questions! Questions! This way lay madness. They should consult an alienist.

Wod
7th May 2009, 07:51
But alienists cost. So in a pan-galactic gesture of extreme pinch-pennying they determined to pursue madness. Hahahahahahah!:}

racedo
7th May 2009, 10:30
Masterdarc had introduced a Credit Card with no limit for just those occasions and in an attempt to get one up on ASIV credit cards, accepted on all planets was just the start..

Radar66
7th May 2009, 10:41
but Visa was rebranding their cards to Vista and had already put ATM machines in all the loos of the spaceships flightdecks and the interplanetary post offices. Meanwhile...

MagnusP
7th May 2009, 10:50
... thanks to an unexpected side-effect of the widely-used HyperCard (tm), all living matter on the surface of Earth had been spacially shifted to an identical, although previously barren, planet orbiting a distant star, seconds before Sol's explosion engulfed Earth. "Phew, that was close" said Professor Indianapolis James, one of the aforementioned biologists. "Now, where were we?"

racedo
7th May 2009, 11:00
An Alien with humanoid features and point ears who introduced himslef as Skocp stated "It is not logical that you have come to the Planet Upuranus, most humans have been disappearing to a neighbouring Planet Upyouurownanus for a long period of time" however.....

Davaar
7th May 2009, 11:46
Ah Yes, Visa. Closed yesterday at $66.15 or so, down a little from the day's high, to be sure, but up gratifyingly from the low $42.00 or $43.00 where it languished only a few short weeks ago. Seems well on the way back to its previous high in the $80.00s.