PDA

View Full Version : Cathay UK Salary/package?

salsaboy
5th May 2009, 14:11
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, I have searched but found nothing, so...

I'm not far off the requirements to apply for CX FO and can't seem to find details of what UK based FO take home pay is... At moment I'm considering many options, but most are overseas... family-wise I think a UK base would be nicer!

If any one knows these details benefits, flight/duty pay, roster pattern, approximate before/after tax etc etc - whatever... I'd really appreciate a post or PM, whichever you prefer...

Cheers in advance

Air Profit
5th May 2009, 21:51
...no offence, but you'll have to wait your turn for a UK base after the multitude of HK based pilots waiting for one. Should get one in about 10 years...:ok:

salsaboy
5th May 2009, 22:21
Brilliant. :rolleyes:

So is the pay/benefits/roster pattern the same as over there?

And is 10 years a sarcastic exageration, or an accurate estimate? :confused:

Why should I take offence? Your reply was very helpful and informative, please tell me more! (I fancy a stint in HK anyway... lots of friends there)

Cheers

:ok:

salsaboy
11th May 2009, 08:03
... anyone out there?!

Can anybody give me a rough idea?

boxjockey
11th May 2009, 08:49
You're on the wrong forum, my friend. I also would make a suggestion to read some of the other current threads, and get an idea of what is happening on the bases, as they really may not be an option for some time. Times, they are a changin'....

box

Loiter1
11th May 2009, 09:05
Salsaboy,
Basically CX isn't hiring right now and we are all in the middle of a relatively major contract s@#tfight with our management. So what happened in the past may not be a good indication of future hiring practices. Will CX hire DEFOs on base again and how, I don't know, I don't think anyone here does. My advice is to build up your hours, get a feel for the company (remembering any blogger site is full of some extreme views) and then make a decision. Goodluck.

salsaboy
11th May 2009, 20:29
Wilco

Goodluck with the negotiations.... hope they go better than ours are!

Cheers

Bye Bye Baby
12th May 2009, 01:02
We don't actually have negotiations here, we are just told what we will get.

Tornado Ali
10th Jun 2009, 16:45
Does the SLS pay cut also apply to the 15.5% prov fund contribution?