It's called FLOOD CONTROL, so you have to
wait with your replies until you are allowed
to reply again after 270 seconds.
It's a little bit nerved, isn't it ?

What's the reason ? Hackers ?

ef

Flintstone
27th Sep 2000, 13:29
Don't know that it's a 'new' feature. Been around as long as I can remember.

As it's name implies it is to prevent people from flooding the system with too many replies. Bit of a pain at times but necessary.

[This message has been edited by Flintstone (edited 27 September 2000).]

flapsforty
27th Sep 2000, 14:41
Even with "flood control" in place, you still see double postings. So you can imagine what it would be like without this sometimes admittedly annoying feature.
It serves a purpose, methinks
f40 :)

STP
27th Sep 2000, 14:45
enginefailure, your typing speed has probably improved, that would account for your discovery of the flood control! :) ;)

enginefailure
27th Sep 2000, 14:49
good point, STP !

It's always again fun to communicate with
most ppruners !

ef

Wiz
27th Sep 2000, 17:35
Perhaps the most annoying thing is that editing counts as a post...

AeroBoero
27th Sep 2000, 17:49
Wiz ;
Just go to end of the text "window" (when you are editing for the second/third/etc time)and erase the first edit "count". You will always have only one edition acounted! :) :)

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

foxmoth
28th Sep 2000, 01:53
I think the idea of flood control is fine, but it often seems to happen to me after only one posting, which I think is a bit unnecessary and VERY annoying. (Phew, got away with it this time!!)

[This message has been edited by foxmoth (edited 27 September 2000).]

Capt PPRuNe
28th Sep 2000, 04:29
FYI, editing does NOT count as a post and is not affected by the flood control. The flood control has been around for well over a year and you should have seen the number of duplicate posts I used to get just because someone didn't know how to set the cacheing in their browser.

For those of you who do find that flood control is a nuisance I suggest you either write something of substance which will take over four and a half minutes to actually think out and type, instead of one liners which just take up disk space or take time to review what you have written and if necessary correct any glaring errors.

For those of you who either manage to somehow get past the flood control and post multiple replies can I suggest that you delete your extra posts instead of leaving it to me. All you have to do is click on the 'Edit' icon http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/edit.gif and instead of just editing it you can select the 'Delete this post' option.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 28 September 2000).]

AeroBoero
28th Sep 2000, 12:06
Wiz ;

Capt.PPRuNe already answered your question. You do not get flood control on editing a message. And if after you edited , you was sent back to the thread page and don't see the edition you just made.....just hit the "refresh" button on your browser.It will help a lot.

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

StopStart
28th Sep 2000, 15:52
If we didn't have flood control it would be easy for this site to be maliciously flooded. I don't think a 270sec wait is going to kill anyone.
PS. "glareing", sp. "Glaring". Coat retrieval under way.......
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/FMScurse.gif