PDA

View Full Version : 20,000

jtr
27th Sep 2000, 17:12
Danny. I know it is a little ahead of the gun, but work is interrupting my ppruning, so congrats on reaching the 20k mark. Well done to you and all who go the extra yards to make it happen.

Best Reagrds jtr

HotDog
27th Sep 2000, 17:27
With the grotty hotels that one night stops in UK, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody got caught drinking out of hours. A pint is better than the dismal accomodation.

Bailed Out
27th Sep 2000, 17:42
20,000 and he still holds a class 1 ?!?!?

crewrest
27th Sep 2000, 18:55
I think that was meant to be in the drinking and flying section Hot Dog!

traveler
28th Sep 2000, 18:28
Registered Members: 19502
impressive.

driftdown
1st Oct 2000, 21:43
Hi Danny,

Great site, always interesting to view the postings and reply when appropriate.

well done to you and the pprune team

Thanks and regards

PPRuNe Towers
3rd Oct 2000, 01:18
Thanks for the advance good wishes folks. Had a chat with Danny earlier this evening - we're actually well past the 20k mark.

You simply wouldn't believe how much of his time goes into deleting registrations rather than building them up. If that seems a little odd, think of it as keeping the numbers as honest as possible. Thus registrations with expired or non functioning e-mail addresses get shredded and knocked off the total number.

As to unregistered viewers, well that would just be an educated guess but with well over a quarter of a million pages hits per day now (yes, you did read that right....) either there's a huge number of them or all 19,600 of you registered types are world class speed readers.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 02 October 2000).]