PDA

View Full Version : Which Watch?

Oz_Pilot
27th Sep 2000, 05:54
There was a really good thread on watches and which ones are worth getting a while ago... but I can't find it! There was a Casio model mentioned - the "world timer"?? - which is about my price range. Can anyone help out with the name of this thing?

cheklapsap
27th Sep 2000, 06:42
The Casio World Time watch is no longer produced as far as I know. Their new model which features a hologram style time zone is not a patch on the early model. Even if they are not produced anymore, you may still pick one up if you are lucky. The only identification on the back of mine is, 387AW-21U which could just be a serial number? Best of luck.

Bluestreak
27th Sep 2000, 09:05
Dude ! Try the Timex Idiglo B-29 model.

buzz
27th Sep 2000, 12:11
The make is not important. What is - is that it has many knobs and dials making it look fiendishly complex. This will impress your collegues and provide a useful conversation starter with any adjacent totty.

ZAGY
27th Sep 2000, 14:36
Most of my FOs wear flashier watches than mine(Breitlings,Omagas etc),and drive flashier cars than mine and complain a lot how underpayed they are.Am I missing something here?

crewrest
27th Sep 2000, 15:27
Yeah ZAGY, you are missing a flash watch and a flash car. Oh, and I'm really underpaid.

Parp Parp

TowerDog
27th Sep 2000, 15:38
Yeah ZAGY, the F/Os can afford the cars and watches since they don,t have to support all the ex-wifes. (Yet)

Their turn will come however. :) :) :)

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

[This message has been edited by TowerDog (edited 27 September 2000).]

Jetset Willy
27th Sep 2000, 16:14
Citizen ProMaster Wingman VI
Has world time, all the other features, plus a nice little flight computer along the outside of it - that actually works (to an extent!)
Price: approx £179 from Transair

Wasps
27th Sep 2000, 17:09
Doesn't your aeroplane have a clock and stopwatch? I used to think a fancy watch with lots of knobs and dials would be useful but I didn't use any of them. I now have just an accurate watch, with 3 hands, that tells the time so as to check the on board clock, and that's it.

------------------
Live for today, learn from yesterday, look to tomorrow and rest this afternoon.

foxmoth
28th Sep 2000, 11:27
Mickeys hands work pretty well for me!
:) ;) :)

OC Piztoff
28th Sep 2000, 13:20
Is the watch with a flight computer on it digital, i.e. like a calculator rather than a whizz wheel?

Jetset Willy
28th Sep 2000, 13:26
OC P - no, it's a whizz-wheel round the edge. You need good eyesight to read the numbers though! It has digital displays on it too, but that is mainly for the world time.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Oct 2000, 10:37
I have an RAF issue one (marketed as the Seiko military). It is comfortable (once you've changed the strap) utterly accurate and infallibly reliable but...

(1) What f*(& use is a 30 minute only stopwatch
(2) It won't let me reset the seconds.

Me old chum Magnus who flies Gripens has a Breitling that he says is wonderful, but he didn't have to pay for it!

G

PCav8or
2nd Oct 2000, 13:50
The Mickey Mouse (limited edition) from Temple Street Market in VHHH , works like a charm as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blue Skies & Happy Landings