PDA

View Full Version : BBMF Lancaster flypast at Heythuysen 4 mei 2009

Let's try that again
4th May 2009, 16:16
Just returned from watching this flypast. The Dutch people that I spoke to were full of praise for the effort from the RAF. I myself was more than happy the listen to the Merlin engines throbbing away. Well done BBMF.

YouTube - Flypast Lancaster Heythuysen 4 mei 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=4Yt61SOot1Y&gl=US)

higthepig
4th May 2009, 16:34
To the crew of the BBMF Lancaster that flew over the Lancaster memorial in Brunssum (NL), this afternoon, thank you very much. There were at least 300 spectators around the area of the memorial, all greatly appreciated your efforts and those who flew over here over 60 years ago. The sight and sound never fail to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
I realise that you had 7-8 more flypast’s to do this afternoon and so were probably stopping over here to re-fuel etc, however when my German colleague asked where you were flying from, I replied England, he questioned if you had enough fuel for that, I replied they managed it in the 1940s and so it shouldn’t be a problem today. Never hurts to remind them every now and then!

Co-Captain
4th May 2009, 16:56
Classic :D :ok:

FlightTester
4th May 2009, 16:59
Seconded:ok::D

glad rag
4th May 2009, 17:40
Freakin awesome IMO :ok: esp the turn for the second pass.

My "colleagen" on the shop floor are obviously Deutch, so some things are a nogo.

However last week some rather oldish kraut was going on about isolation and island monkeys..........
So I pointed out that I was not "English", but "Scots", this met with approval, so onto part 2 as my family on my mothers side had actually traveled extensively in Europe..... .........more signs of approval until I pointed out it was at 5000 meters in a Lancaster and the rousing, so **** off.........ah well contracts up in june!!:ok:

Fortyodd2
4th May 2009, 18:17
Even on Youtube, it can still make what's left of my hair stand on end :D

Rigga
4th May 2009, 19:03
I must've seen it on its way over to Holland, when I was at Taverham Garden Centre this afternoon.

Always a pleasure to see it.

Rigga

Guzlin Adnams
4th May 2009, 19:52
:ok::D Well done to all.

moggiee
5th May 2009, 15:47
Wonderful.

Smoketoomuch
5th May 2009, 17:47
Just a few weeks ago I was chatting to a Dutch friend now living in England and her father who was visiting from Holland for her birthday.
He remembers the last days of WW2 when he was just 8 and the people of Holland were starving, and the food dropped by the RAF in 'Operation Manna'. 'Oh, yes, it saved our lives without a doubt. No doubt whatsoever. I will always be grateful for that' Then he put his arm round his daughter.. 'Very very grateful'.

Moist eyes all round.

LEE BRITT
6th May 2009, 03:16
:ok: Game, set and match.