PDA

View Full Version : The Bigger Issues

Saturn
4th May 2009, 14:18
So, go ahead and sign and we'll work on the REALLY important issues later like, P-Fund, Basings etc... Um, why would I sign or choose anything until I know what I am going to get. So if we stay on COS 99 can we bid the same as Current COS 08 or anybody that NOW chooses COS 08? like commands, bases, Hong Kong etc...

Is it me or are the Freighter guys getting screwed again even though we have been told the FACA agreement no longer exsists???

Now what happens after 2013 if you sign onto COS 08 you take a $800 paycut on Jan 1st 2014?

So new commands will go by seniority except for those that are awaiting a course or have a course but may not have started yet. OK I will ask the dumbest question ever-WHAT? Let me see freight is way down but you (CX) continue to train Commanders on freighters as well as extend guys. You want us to sign on a new deal or SLS or both but future command will be seniority driven except except. Have many more exceptions will there be???:=

Again we are being asked to just forget all the violations that have taken place in the past few years.

I do have to say that I am surprised the AOA is not calling CX's bluff on this and I hope that the AOA will fight any futher degredation. The freighter command issue I mention above has me concerned.

BTW, what was the latest AOA update. Date I have was like April 22nd. Is there a leter one?

oicur12
5th May 2009, 00:04
The big issues,

Global warming
Rising sea water
Pollution
A dying planet that cant feed us all
Dwindling energy reserves
A society totally incapable of solving these problems. . . . . . .

No . . . No . . .its all about money, aint it.

Cpt. Underpants
5th May 2009, 02:20
oicur12

Wrong. The planet isn't dying. The human race is.

A perspective check: YouTube - Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M)

Save the earth? The earth is doing fine. It's trying to shake humans off, like a bad infestation of nits.

Vtwin
5th May 2009, 02:24
Hey, you guys belong in this crowd....

Misery loves company!

Hysterical hippies crying over fallen trees (http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/tree_nuts.html)

"This rock that has the most incredible life." :ugh:

flyboy007
5th May 2009, 03:51
I can't stand hippies. Or pikeys.

wayne_king
5th May 2009, 16:31
YouTube - George Carlin - Saving the Planet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw) :D

Pogie
7th May 2009, 07:25
They need to keep the freighter commands going because they'll be short-staffed on freighter commanders when all of the extendees finish their existing contracts and move back onto the pax fleet. The only captains that will be left on the freighter will be the ASL non-signers, KA/Oasis types, and guys that took an early freighter command!

Midnight Rambler
7th May 2009, 09:12
Actually, anybody on the -400 fleet will be able to fly the freighters, so they won't need dedicated freighter pilots. I thought that was part of what this was all about............ or am I being thick?

volarecantare
7th May 2009, 10:32
Midnight you are not being think, your understanding is correct and I presume it will work vice versa.

blade
7th May 2009, 13:41
many pilots who applied for early freighter commands and dont have course dates yet have been told sometime next year.They dont have set course dates,thats obvious,and arent expecting to do a course for at least 8 months because of slow down if not more.Last year they said they would honour those with set course dates.At that stage it was like only 10 guys or so thru oct nov etc.Now they are giving courses to everybody who applied got assessed as suitable and didnt have course dates set.Goal posts keep moving.

Oh but sorry I forgot they got assessed CAT A .Whats that got to do with anything.Is it seniority based or not!!

So even if you are on Cos 08 after july 1 there will still be people doing commands out of seniority until well well into next year!!!

Grivation
7th May 2009, 22:29
How about getting rid of this Cat ABCD rubbish altogether.

If people are getting through the RT/PC cyclic training program they should be automatically eligible for upgrade. Remove these subjective barriers and give people a go based on seniority.

If you've been an SO for 2-3 years or an FO for 10 years and you can't pass an upgrade course, whilst having satisfactorily completed every RT/PC along the way, the company needs to look at the upgrade training and checking programs - not blame the candidate's suitability.

Are there other airlines out there that use this system?