PDA

View Full Version : NVQ level 5

A Very Civil Pilot
26th Sep 2000, 22:00
NVQ level 5 - Piloting Transport Aircraft.

Has anyone ever got one of these (or any of the other levels for that matter)?

Dan Winterland
27th Sep 2000, 00:04
I did hear about these from a long forgotten source. CPL = level 4, ATPL = Level 5. But when I broached the suject to ATA, they denied all knowledge.

WX Man
27th Sep 2000, 13:13
This sounds like the scheme administered by the vocational standards council up until a few years ago. What it basically meant was that you could get 22% (or 40%) off of your flying... then they got rid of it, contrary to the advice of a committee established to decide whether or not to keep it.

maxchat
1st Oct 2000, 03:37
A colleague of mine got away with not being registered for NVQ and just put the amount he had spent on training in the Vocational box of his tax return. He was investigated by the IR and they agreed, so he got his tax rebate. Something to think about.

Rowley Birkin, QC
1st Oct 2000, 19:32
Sounds like a very good idea. Did he put it through a business or just on his own personal income tax return?

driftdown
1st Oct 2000, 21:31
The NVQ scheme was introduced at the end of my self sponsored training (FAA and then CAA). I would have saved a lot of money. Heard later on that it was not being fully supported by employers signing off on the higher grades.

WX Man
2nd Oct 2000, 13:18
So why didn't they downgrade it to a NVQ level 3? I think I know why... because it would cost the government money.