PDA

View Full Version : PPRUNERS out of the Closet

TACAN
18th Aug 2000, 01:10
Whatever finally happened to the idea of producing PPRUNE badges / stickers for those who wish to be identified ??
Reason I ask, is that I have just had a batch ( 5,000 ) of 3 colour brass pin badges made for my company by a firm in the Midlands (UK) and they have done a really good job. :) If people still think this is worthwhile, I am willing to ask for a quote from the company, and if my arm is twisted, arrange for distribution - { providing there is an agreed design, a good price and a reasonable number of punters.} So - come on chaps and chappesses - any takers ???

TAC.

Kaptin M
18th Aug 2000, 01:17
How much?

And who's going to post them?

TACAN
18th Aug 2000, 01:24
KM

Like I said above - price will depend on demand but the pins I have just had made cost just over £1.05 sterling ( Including set up costs) and again I can be persuaded to arrange distribution, at cost, to anyone who wants them. i.e absolutely no profit taking. OK ??

TAC.

Kingfisher
18th Aug 2000, 01:29
A BLOODY good idea where do I sign up!

------------------
Walk softly and carry a big stick.

The Guvnor
18th Aug 2000, 01:52
Great!! What do they look like? Put me down for 10 - I have a several deserving people here, PPRuNeRs all!

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Sensible
18th Aug 2000, 02:01
Ok, I'l go for ten just to raise the viability. If they are not in a bag, I seem to lose them anyway. ;) ;)

FLAG
18th Aug 2000, 02:13
Count me in, great idea.

What about a "1000 posts" gold plated version?

Keep the ball in the middle!!

Sensible
18th Aug 2000, 02:31
The PPRuNers with 1000+ posts don't need badges, they are identified by red eyes and calloused fingers easily enough!

Bubbette
18th Aug 2000, 03:15
I think we couldn't decide on a logo.

Localiser
18th Aug 2000, 12:08
I'd buy one - count me in!

LOC :)

Self Loading Freight
18th Aug 2000, 14:07
Lordy, yes. I'll take three (I lose these things at a rate of knots). As for the logo -- didn't we kinda decide in the last round of this unending discussion that the chunky little PPRuNe 747 on the home page would do the job?

R

TACAN
18th Aug 2000, 14:28
Chaps & Chappettes

Just to clear up some confusion following a couple of e-mails. The 5000 pin badges I have had made for my company weren't PPRUNE badges but Corporate ID badges. I will need a design to send to the company to produce the block necessary for production. I think they have a minimum order quantity of 200 so will need at least that number of prospective orders before I part with my hard earned wonga. My own people are distributing the pins in 'Bubble Bags' so I suppose it wouldn't break my budget to use the same method to post out to PPRUNERS http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

So come on, let's have a design, some commitment and I ( oops, my team ) will do the rest. e.g. Come up with a price and, if agreeable, arrange distribution etc...

TAC.

InFinRetirement
18th Aug 2000, 14:34
Great idea. But can I put a suggestion? Ta!

Can we link this to the PPRuNe Fund and get say 50p a badge towards the fund? Will that cause you a bad problem TACAN? I am certain the members won't mind paying a bit extra. ;)

Anyway I will have 10. Let's not let this one slip away!

Girl Flyday
18th Aug 2000, 14:42
I'll happily take 10...

HugMonster
18th Aug 2000, 15:04
Excellent idea, IFR. Since, of course, Danny has the rights to all PPRuNe logos etc., it's entirely up to him whether these get made at all.

But put me down for 10 - dosh in advance can be arranged when I know the price.

TACAN
18th Aug 2000, 16:56
IFR and HUGS

Yep, good idea to include a small contribution towards PPRUNE funds. Won't cause me or my lot any problems and I'm sure no reasonable PPRUNER would object.
Have contacted Danny out of courtesy, should really have done this at first http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif
Would ideally like to use Jumbly plane on home page as the logo. Anyone vehemently opposed to this ??
Once/if I get the go-ahead I will put some figures out and we'll see what the reaction is.

TAC.

Gentleman Aviator
18th Aug 2000, 21:50
5 please!

R22
18th Aug 2000, 22:00
Half a dozen for me too please. Great idea.

airlinehopper
18th Aug 2000, 22:04
5 also please !

AeroBoero
19th Aug 2000, 04:46
For me three please!

PS : Please can we start working on the "secret" hand shake now?For those that don't have the courage to be out of the closet :) :) :) (or just want to confirm what the badge says..... ;)

------------------
Reporte través XAREO

[This message has been edited by AeroBoero (edited 19 August 2000).]

Azure
19th Aug 2000, 06:30
Put me down for at least two...don't mind the extra added in for pprune...would be rather helpful if Danny could give you a spot on his site to order from or link to your own.

airbourne
19th Aug 2000, 08:42
Ah yes,

Put me down for 5. By the time the items have been made, P and P, Pprune fund, time involved, I would expect to pay at least £4.00 - £5.00. I dont think that is unreasonable.

AB

Ozgrade3
19th Aug 2000, 12:02
Bendo in Oz had a few designs in a thread a few months back.

Sensible
20th Aug 2000, 12:18
TACAN, I feel we have lost momentum here!

Can I help at all?

[This message has been edited by Sensible (edited 20 August 2000).]

Nite_Flite
20th Aug 2000, 16:46
Enlighten me friend!!
Why is it you want to wear a badge, telling the world that you are a ppruner, while we all hide under funny names, not be be recognized by...hmm, food for thought.

Fly safe,

TACAN
20th Aug 2000, 17:30
Update,

Been touch with Danny and got his tacit agreement to go ahead. :) With a bit of luck
I will get a sample off to the manufacturer this week, get a quote and then let you all know what the damage will be. It is envisaged that the final price will include a small % to go towards PPRUNE funds, something NONE of us can object to .....
Still need to sort out the i/c financials - especially for orders from non-UK, but we will cover that in background. Will keep you updated. Yes, things are actually moving !

TAC.

flapsforty
20th Aug 2000, 18:05
Finally; an entrepreneurial soul!
TACAN, please put me down for 5.
Thank you ;)

Self Loading Freight
20th Aug 2000, 19:12
Faberoonie.

What design will they be -- the jumbly?

R

HugMonster
20th Aug 2000, 20:17
In calculating costs, don't forget pastage and poking...

Sensible
20th Aug 2000, 22:34
It's just a bit of harmless fun, boys like to play, and if you don't want to show your badge, leave it in the closet, one day, your great grandchildren may well discover it and you can start the story "when I was young......" or it may even become a collectors piece, in the meantime, it could well be an item of fun at a PPRuNe bash! :)

It's just a bit of fun for heavens sake!

;) ;)

TANSTAAFL
21st Aug 2000, 09:30
Great idea, I'll grab a couple. However, a suggestion: It'd be damned expensive shipping these halfway around thee world (unless they're carried over in a flight bag!), perhaps someone in each area could act as a distribution point?

ExSimGuy
21st Aug 2000, 09:50
Two for me (I also lose them frequently!) and one for Effo The Effay and her mate in USA. I have a UK address that they can be sent to, who can separate them and pass to USA and MidEast, also I can send UK cheque. Might be a problem for people who don't have UK accounts though - any ideas?

I could have done with one last night on BA LHR-RUH, might have got an upgrade - or at least an "entry" to chat up the tall blond Effay in "coach" :)

(Thinks) or I could pick them up from a BA crew at the RUH Marriot - another "entry" to chat up the effeays!!

------------------
Through hardship to the bars

OzExpat
21st Aug 2000, 11:35
Put me down for THREE, cos I don't want the loss of one to force me back into the closet. I'm in PNG but, if necessary, can come up with a UK mailing address for you. Reckon I could come up with a bank draft in GBP too.

Maybe, if Danny can give you a secure ordering site, we can pay by credit card? Just a thought to spur further discussion, but it might save the need to e-mail us all with the bill or whatever.
:)

------------------
Once a king, always a king.
But once a nite's enough!

CaptainSquelch
21st Aug 2000, 12:42
I'm in for five.

The Idea of transportation in flightbags does really appeal to me.
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif Drop-off points in sleazy bars, meetings in dark alleys and under bridges. Cool. And all that on a minimum resthours nightstop. Meet me in parking spot A284, row 12 next thursday 04:37 UTC, I'll swap you two pins for a bottle of good wodka. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Sq

[This message has been edited by CaptainSquelch (edited 21 August 2000).]

yogibear
21st Aug 2000, 12:48
Cool idea ,

5 please......

The bear...

------------------
Chopper pilots do it vertically :-)

pinky
21st Aug 2000, 14:15
Sounds Great! Put me down for five also :)

meslag
21st Aug 2000, 14:17
oh yws....

5 does seam like a good number

please

redsnail
21st Aug 2000, 14:54
Put me down for 2. :)

------------------
reddo
A Feral Animal.

Eric
21st Aug 2000, 18:49
1 over here please

ohtofly
21st Aug 2000, 19:00
I'll take a few

ATC Watcher
21st Aug 2000, 19:39
2 for me . e-mail if you want a continental european distribution point, could be arranged in country where intra Europe postage costs are very low .

Smurfjet
21st Aug 2000, 22:54
I'll take 2 :)

WebPilot
22nd Aug 2000, 00:48
I'm in. Advise final cost but at the levels previously mentioned will certainly take a few.

CaptainSquelch
22nd Aug 2000, 02:28
Enough???

Please hurry TACAN, we've been waiting too long already and it would make a nice Christmas present.

Nightrider
22nd Aug 2000, 02:50
4 uniforms within a year...need at least 5 pins...thinking about the tattoo....

JB007
22nd Aug 2000, 02:57
Cool....put me down for 3 please. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Cheers

------------------
Hear all....see all....say n'owt !

Ignition Override
22nd Aug 2000, 07:39
I would consider five of them. How large are they?

gaunty
22nd Aug 2000, 07:43
5 please and I'm sure we can organise a distribution point in each of the States of Oz.
And thanks.

mik
22nd Aug 2000, 13:25
Three, please!

Cheers,
Mik

fweeeeep
22nd Aug 2000, 16:06
Great Idea,

I'll take 2 m'self.

I'll also distribute in the Middle East.

Perhaps you send in monthly batch with one of the cockpit crew to Dubai? (Less hassle all around).

Also I agree regarding the secure page for credit card transactions.

trustno1
22nd Aug 2000, 16:42
I'll take five.

high-flyer
22nd Aug 2000, 17:15
put me down for three if you would.

cheers

high-flyer

Onions
22nd Aug 2000, 17:58
I'll have a pin but I don't suppose anyone's thought about Polo shirts or similar.

In fact there could be a whole range of Pprune clothing and accessories.

Move over Tommy Hilfiger, Your time has come!!!!

McD
22nd Aug 2000, 18:30
I'll take 5, and I can also help out with distribution in the States.

Alpha Bravo
22nd Aug 2000, 19:19
I'll have a couple too please.

How about a range for the ladies too?
Maybe some earings, a pendant, or a hairclip! :)

Just a thought....

Bubbette
22nd Aug 2000, 19:43
I'm happy to help with distribution once someone gets them to New York City.

POMPI
22nd Aug 2000, 21:48
Four for me too please !.
Just the thing to sidle up to someone at LATCC, NERC, Compost Centre or Ayling Island and a quick flash of the lapel to see the reaction.
POMPI

PFO
22nd Aug 2000, 22:01
I'll take a couple - do you think it would be a good idea to wear one to an interview - any HR bods out there got their two-penneth worth to put in??

PFO

con-pilot
22nd Aug 2000, 22:51
I'm with Onion, every time this topic comes up I always ask about golf/sport shirts.

Please, I would pay a probably silly amount for golf/sports shirt with Pprune logo on it. No matter what is made aviable to us ppruners Capt. Danny needs to get a good cut from the price. For him to carry the cost load for this site, that we all enjoy so much, is above and beyond the call of duty.

We really do need to come up with some way to help him to defray the cost and if he can put some of this money in his pocket to buy beer with, great.

DeltaTango
22nd Aug 2000, 23:35
I'll take 5 than you :) :) :)

SKINNY1
22nd Aug 2000, 23:46
Four for me please

Gonzo
22nd Aug 2000, 23:58
I'll take five!!!

Gonzo

alt sel
23rd Aug 2000, 00:21
At least 5 for me please....

JB007
23rd Aug 2000, 00:28
Definatly a market for PPRuNe memorabilia, someone should think seriously about this.....a few quid to be made for the PPRuNe fund - over to you IFR?!!

------------------

Dj
23rd Aug 2000, 01:22
three's a good number, count me in. Don't mind the contribution to the "keep PPrune alive and free fund".

InFinRetirement
23rd Aug 2000, 01:29
OK 007. Do you want elaborate? I certainly want the Fund to start building and ANYTHING to get that going, gets me going?

BTW, Velvet Strokes, together with Stan Sted, are working on some great T Shirts with the PPRuNe logo on a 74! And some other ideas. Good prices with a nice chunk going in the fund.

BTWW. I usually co-opt members who lumber me with more work ;)

Pancake
23rd Aug 2000, 01:52
I'm game for at least three pins (plus a T-shirt or two) and would be very happy to add a contribution to the Fund!

- P

InFinRetirement
23rd Aug 2000, 03:01
Pancake, you are a gentleman. Are you coming to the Super Xmas Bash?

JB007
23rd Aug 2000, 03:17
IFR,

Ok,
I think there is a market here for producing some PPRuNe "bits and pieces".
Polo shirts obviously would be a winner!!!
Ties, Pens, Stickers for the Flight Bag !!!
How about proper individual name badges for all bashes....?
Look at the amount of takers for the pin badges...excellent news if a percentage of each badge sold is going into the fund.

With 17958 (as of 0015 23/08..)registered members someone must have a contact of where to go from here, prices etc etc..

Cheers

------------------

michael744
23rd Aug 2000, 06:49
With the hiring floodgates coming open some required accessories with the Pprune logo may be nose rings, tongue studs, etc.... and my favorite...contact lenses.

Capt PPRuNe
23rd Aug 2000, 12:21
Althouhg the idea of merchandising has never gone away and i must admit to being rather lax in this area I still intend to follow up with most suggestions but please bear in mind the work involved in setting this up and then running and administering it. I already have very little spare time left on days off just keeping tabs on the website. I already employ someone part time to run the advertising.

Just one other area I thought may be of interest... credit cards. I need to research this and would appreciate some input from anyone with some insight to this area. I have noticed a proliferation of credit cards with various logos and designs but allways backed by the 2 major names of Visa and Mastercard. What are the requirements to have a bank let you put your logo on the credit card?

As I say, just an idea and feedback would be appreciated.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

mriya225
23rd Aug 2000, 13:42
Hope you lot don't mind if some of us Yanks get in on the deal...

Put me down for a pin and a couple of T's if you get them made up!

Anybody thought of designing a t-shirt especially for Jetblast?? Just an idea. :)

------------------
Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast. - Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by mriya225 (edited 23 August 2000).]

jaundiced
23rd Aug 2000, 13:45
Can we have a secret handshake to go with the badge.......just so we can be sure when we see another badged member!

SKINNY1
23rd Aug 2000, 22:35
Danny,

My other half works for a major financial services organisation (they also have an aviation training ad on Pprune), she recommends that you contact Visa or Mastercard direct. They should point you in the right direction as to which Banks etc will produce the credit cards if at all feasible.

Regards Skinny

The Hooded Claw
23rd Aug 2000, 22:45
Count me in for 3. any more thoughts on the design?

Pancake
24th Aug 2000, 01:38
InFin -

I'll happily support any 'Good Cause' that Ppruners support! Sadly I'll be 6000 (or so) miles away at the time of the Xmas Super Bash - I'll be there in spirit though... Hic... :)

- P

TowerDog
24th Aug 2000, 02:44
I'll take a pin or two.
Also I'll take the bash. What is the address?
Bring your own blonde, or they on the house?

Brand new to PPRune.
Spending way too much quality time on the 'puter surfing the topics.
Wife is happy: Keeps me out of them bars.
(Little does she know)

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

Seaking
24th Aug 2000, 10:44
Yes i will have a few,thanks(i also tend to lose things).
How about going back to basics for a design

'Anthony Armstrong'(Maj.A.A.Willis m.c.)and the artist Bill Hooper came up with a production called Tee Emm for the RAF during the last war as a means of diseminating safety information to aircrew.Their minds came up with one Pilot Officer Prune(ring any bells...)and very quickly Prune and Binder his dog were in every crew room providing both good information and a lot of laughs.
I would like to propose a badge with a likeness of Prune and Binder similar to the IALPA pin as a way of saying i am a PRUNE...
Any takers???
If anyone is unfamiliar with Prune try getting you hands on a full history called "the life and times of Pilot Officer Prune" isbn 0-11-772629-x.Great fun.
By the way are we allowed to mention the war or is that not pc these days !!!

WeatherJinx
25th Aug 2000, 02:37
Capt PPRuNe -

As a weekend flyer, working as Graphics/Multimedia manager at a large London-based US Investment Bank during the week, I may be able to offer help on two counts -

CARDS
If you like, I could contact our Head of Card Services and make an initial request for information re. an affinity card partnership. I could perhaps then put you in touch directly.

LOGO
I'd be quite happy to run up a couple of designs for you, although this would work much better if you let me know of any basic thoughts you (or anyone else) may already have. I could then work on visualising them for you....

Email me if any of the above is of interest (address in profile)...

Regds
WxJx ;)

Smurfjet
25th Aug 2000, 02:59
Maybe an Improved version of this http://www.pprune.org/images/logo2sm.gif ?

Cheers
http://www.mouneimne.com/SmurfJet/Smurf.jpg :)

------------------
Approaching Minimums...Minimums, Minimums...

the wizard of auz
25th Aug 2000, 14:02
Put me down for two and two for Mrs Wiz, also happy to be a distrabution point in west oz.

------------------
I'd rather a bottleinfrontofme than a frontal labotomy

WeatherJinx
25th Aug 2000, 16:34
I've put up a couple of tentative ideas for the lapel pins at the URL below:

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~pwalsh/pprune/

Regards
WxJx ;)

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 26 August 2000).]

LowNSlow
25th Aug 2000, 19:00
I'll take 2 please

------------------
When the wheels stop turning you're high enuff. CubTrek. To slowly go...

Smurfjet
25th Aug 2000, 22:35
WeatherJinx -

They look nice, how about adding that lovely little plane above to that? It will make them less serious, what do you think? :)

Cheers
SmurfJet

scroggs
26th Aug 2000, 01:11
I'm in for 10, anytime!

foxmoth
26th Aug 2000, 02:09
Love a pin and a T - but not with my Pprune name on - don't want EVERYONE to know who is making silly suggestions!!

ExSimGuy
26th Aug 2000, 13:00
My vote goes for the PPRuNe "Junbo" in Smurf's post! :)

SeaKing,
Should be no problem to mention the last war - providing there's no PPRuNe members from Iraq ! ;)

Awaiting manufacture so I can place my order!!

ESG

------------------
Through hardship to the bars

snafu
26th Aug 2000, 15:02
Put me down for 2 or 3 if they get produced!

I quite like the cartoon Jumbo that was used by StanSted for the name badges at the Ash Bash but, having seen the two designs on WeatherJinx's page, the right-hand 'square' design is very smart!

BTW Capt PPRuNe, one company that I've used in the past for aviation merchandise is Terrane Promotions. They tend to supply a lot of cloth badges, mugs etc for military aircrew and are quite happy to provide a quote based on a design for a product. Their address is (or was last time I contacted them!):

Terrane Promotions
Terrane House
Whisby Way Industrial Estate
Lincoln
LN6 3LQ
01522 697000

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by snafu (edited 26 August 2000).]

VelvetStrokes
26th Aug 2000, 20:46
Obviously missed this thread before
As for the logo pin - great I'll have a few.

T-shirts, done that, been there and the t-shirt survived the wash (Ash Bash specials). Already provided samples to some special pruners. Infin, we discussed this - is this idea still a 'go' - let me know.

WeatherJinx
27th Aug 2000, 01:59
All

Thanks for the comments on my ideas....I am getting a feeling that there should be perhaps 2 pins... a 'smart' one, (I personally prefer the second one I did - the right hand one in the pic), and a variation of the fun cartoon Jumbo (which I like too!).

To save re-inventing the wheel (I'm supposed to be,er, revising for a Human Remains written!), if someone can get a much better quality rendition of the Jumbo to me via my email address, I'll render it into 'tiepin' form...

G'night

WxJx ;)

Smurfjet
27th Aug 2000, 03:12
WeatherJinx -

Try to contact Captain PPRuNe for a better one...

I don't think having 2 designs is a good idea IMO. Will it double the delivery/supply work?

In any case WeatherJinx if you ever make a Pin graphic out of that cartoon, will you send it to me? Thanks :)

Cheers
SmurJet

StopStart
27th Aug 2000, 04:34
Just to chuck in my thoughts....I think a small pin badge is good idea but I think it should be a of such a nature that's it's recognisable by other ppruners but not by the man in the street. The wearer of a badge that actually said "Pprune" on it would probably spend forever explaining to people what it meant!
I second (or third or whatever) the idea of the little jumbo; how about:
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/pprune.gif
PS. I'll take several :)
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/RAFac/1hercc12.gif

InFinRetirement
27th Aug 2000, 12:49
Absolutely Velvet. VS had the PPRuNe logo (above) put on a B747. Its a very good logo and looks good on a T-Shirt. They were gonna be about £10 (£5 to the fund) if memory serves me right.

And V? Would it be possible to have shirts with a collar too - casual wear, golfing, flying and other activities.

Mustn't let that one go either.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 27 August 2000).]

gashshag1
28th Aug 2000, 11:43
i`ll have one please.

OzExpat
28th Aug 2000, 16:47
I'd like to add two or three polo shirts (t's with collars and pocket) to my order for 3 badges. Also happy to include a donation to the Pprune running costs, etc. I agree that the badge is better if it does not have "Pprune" on it ... for the reasons already mentioned.

I don't see anyone else from PNG posting here, but there are a number of Ppruners around the country. If nobody else wants to volunteer for distribution here, I'll do it!

------------------

VelvetStrokes
29th Aug 2000, 20:14
No problem with that infin. Can you show the picture I sent, or do you need another one.

It was basically a standard 747 with PPRuNe colours and logo

Have to investigate what material would take the imprint

Mr Chips
29th Aug 2000, 20:30
Count me in for five
happy to distribute to Air traffickers - I'll misuse the internal mail!!!!

Chips
LATCC

------------------
"The Hamster my friend, is blowing in the wind"

Skytrucker87
30th Aug 2000, 00:16
Put me down for 4 pins please - and a couple of polo shirt things if that is still an option.

Unusual Attitude
30th Aug 2000, 01:15
I'll take a couple please.

As for the Pprune Credit Card thing, by the time I've raised the dosh for my IR I'll have a credit rating so dodgy that they wouldn't give me one anyway !!

Regards

UA

Reg C Elley
30th Aug 2000, 02:00
Great Idea!
Love the rh version Wx Jinx.
Put me down for 5.

airmail
30th Aug 2000, 16:37
As soon as they are ready, I'll have 5. Can't help too much on the distribution though unless you are looking at London/Home Counties.

Danny, with regards to the credit card idea, you could take this a stage further by organising the PPRuNe loan with one of the banks. Considering the amount of Wannabees that look at this site (me included), if you could set up a marketing arrangement with a bank for loans whereby you advertise and take a commission.

I believe that the Royal Bank of Scotland does such a scheme but I'm no banker

NCC-1701e
30th Aug 2000, 22:58
I'll want 5 please.

StopStart
31st Aug 2000, 01:21
Not wishing to be a misery but I'd suggest learning to walk before entering the London Marathon; it's a bit of a leap from pin badges to sponsored credit cards and bank loans. I think an initial run of badges, stickers, polo shirts, crew bag tags etc etc would enable you to judge the exact size of the market out there for Pprune "goods" before venturing into the world of finance (always ends in tears). http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/cry.gif
Happy to help out with distribution or more (West Country, UK).
TACAN, I'd be interested to know how close this to getting off the ground!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/RAFac/1hercc12.gif

BUMFISH
2nd Sep 2000, 15:09
I'll take three.

Capt PPRuNe
2nd Sep 2000, 18:03
My idea for a PPRuNe badge:

http://www.pprune.org/images/newgraphics/badge3.gif

------------------
Capt PPRuNe

ORAC
2nd Sep 2000, 20:48
Very.....50s and.......American.

Would look good on the front of a Chevie! Have you thought of going into the auto market?

I'll take 5!!

(Thinking frantically of something nice to say, not wanting to offend the boss)

[This message has been edited by ORAC (edited 02 September 2000).]

InFinRetirement
3rd Sep 2000, 00:17
Ummmmm, it's certainly different boss!

HugMonster
3rd Sep 2000, 01:06
Is that reduced from full-size? :)

TACAN
3rd Sep 2000, 01:30
Hi chaps & chapesses.

Sorry, been away on business for a few days and haven't had the time / energy to root out a cybercaff in the Athens area .....
Anyway, I have spoken to the manufacturers of the badges / pins and have basically agreed terms and conditions etc. Very good prices, dependant on quantities of course, and delivery will be approx 3 weeks from receipt of the final design into their repro department.
Have mailed Danny for some guidance, but I am back in the UK this week so should be able
to push ahead quite quickly now.
Apologies for the delay, sorry its all down to me, there just aren't the number of hours in the day to keep everyone happy http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Be seeing you !

TAC.

mik
3rd Sep 2000, 03:11
Danny,

Do I need to wear mirrored shades when wearing that PPRuNe badge? I spent two years in Warner Robins, GA, so I'm sure I've got a pair somewhere :)

I'll take 3!

traveler
3rd Sep 2000, 04:16
Maybe a sticker on my flightbag would be better.

pigboat
3rd Sep 2000, 05:36
Three for me, please. TACAN, I'm available to drop ship any Canadian orders if you wish.

STP
3rd Sep 2000, 23:15
The badge reminds me of those Wurlitzer Jukeboxes from the 50's - Yes Sir Capn. Sir very good design if I may say so Sir! ;)

AeroBoero
4th Sep 2000, 04:08
This may sound stupid...but ;

I think we should see how the pins will do and then the next logical step is the sticker (at least I think so). If that proven to be success also (I have no doubts at all)...then shirts (polo or not) and many others memorabilias that can be developed for pprune crazys like me (and everyone else..I guess).

PS ; Update my orders to four.....

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

Flybywyre
8th Sep 2000, 00:20
Yes please.....3 for me.

Regards
FBW

Mr Chips
8th Sep 2000, 02:26
I like Danny's badge idea.....

------------------
"The Hamster my friend, is blowing in the wind"

ExSimGuy
12th Sep 2000, 14:26
So do I - it's maybe '50s, maybe you need dark glasses, but it says it

(you want someone to act as "ground agent" located near Marriot in RUH?)

------------------
---- "Per Ardua ad Mixas" ----
(Through hardship to the bars)

OzExpat
12th Sep 2000, 18:35
I'm so happy to see this thread still going. Sorry boss, but I think those wings suck ... ever so slightly.
;)

Basically, I'd prefer to see the comic 747 on it, instead of the word. Kinda like a secret handshake, you know?
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

However, if pressed, I shall reconfirm my order for 3 of them.

Has anybody given any thought to how we will all know when the badges etc are available? I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants to be sure not to miss out.

------------------

Conky Joe
12th Sep 2000, 21:39
Three for me please!

ExSimGuy - I'll save you the bother of the Western Province deliveries - all three of them!! :)

cox
13th Sep 2000, 11:28
I like the design. Sort of.....tongue-in-cheek traditionalism meets The Transformers....or something. ;)

Anyhow, I'll take 3. Stickers and/or badges, t-shirts sound like a good idea, on a subscription basis.

rightstuffer
13th Sep 2000, 16:38
Three for me please - whatever they turn out like. Right hand one of Wx's suggestion is my favourite. Capt Prune's offer I am a little less keen on....but the principle of extreme naff does have a certain appeal. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

OzExpat
15th Sep 2000, 21:16
So where are we at with progress? Anyone able to give a sitrep?

I really don't want to see this thread languishing for want of further momentum.

------------------

AJ
15th Sep 2000, 23:47
3 for me, thanks

AJ

------------------
Safiri Salama

fly4fud
16th Sep 2000, 01:48
Capt PPRuNe, I sure love this design! It will nicely harmonize with my H-D and is not discriminating as a design with a certain brand of aeroplane would be.

Gimme 2, thanks!

OzExpat
16th Sep 2000, 22:57
Back to the top of the topic list, at least for a little while, in the hope that there may yet be a sitrep.

Me? Keen? Yu betcha!!

------------------

Capt PPRuNe
17th Sep 2000, 16:56
Just to keep you informed, the badge idea is progressing and there will be an announcement soon.

Due to massively increased running costs (PPRuNe is a victim of its own success) and an even bigger hike soon, I will be putting together a package so that anyone who wants to be a real part of PPRuNe can do so. There will be no closed 'member' forums as many people still like to 'lurk' for a while before posting and it is the open nature of the best forums that keeps them popular.

My ideas are for an 'Honourary Member' pack. For a small fee you will be able to purchase the pack which will contain a 'limited' edition of the PPRuNe badge together with a couple of stickers for your flight bag and your PPRuNe Username with or without your real ID will be entered on a special page showing you to be an official memeber of PPRuNe. Prices are yet to be fixed but anyone wanting extra badges will be able to purchase up to 5 extra ones (not the limited edition ones though) and have them delivered in the same package.

Nothing is finalised yet and I am in the process of setting up the infrastructure to handle payment and distribution. You will be kept informed.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe

OzExpat
17th Sep 2000, 17:37
Thanks for that CP, count me in!!
Just by way of a thought ... this topic is already looking like the best of Leo Tolstoy. Do we dare to close it and open a second version?
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Maybe it could start off with the above post from CP, huh?

------------------

AirWolf
17th Sep 2000, 18:14
Capt. PPRuNe
Count me in on the program. Will you send out a general mailing when and if the program proceeds?
Thanks,
AirWolf

Seaking
17th Sep 2000, 22:14

Great idea Capt.P lets know AsAp!

How about staring a new thread to let us know whats happening and count me in for 5

Brill..........

Eric
18th Sep 2000, 17:39
I'm in!

CaptainSquelch
18th Sep 2000, 18:36
I'm in. When?

Pancake
20th Sep 2000, 00:18
Great news Danny, I'm dead chuffed that this is now going to happen, please count me in! Plus five for me too...

- P

Flying Banana
20th Sep 2000, 01:18
Count me in too,I assume you'll let us know when you have things finalised?

New revamped site is looking great, keep up the good work

Helmut Wisorcover
20th Sep 2000, 03:03
I'm in too, five please.

ExSimGuy
20th Sep 2000, 11:02
Superb idea Danny! I'm certainly happy to contribute a bit towards running costs as well - after all, at my age, and not flying, the advertisers don't get much from me! (or will Channel Express take ancient recruits with 2,000 747 sim hours :) )

------------------

StressFree
20th Sep 2000, 13:10
Great idea folks - count me right in!

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

shanwick
20th Sep 2000, 22:52
excellent idea! I'm sure it'll help with the running costs associated with this site.

pls let me know when the packs are available

Captain Mainwaring
21st Sep 2000, 01:25
Excellent idea.
One for me and one for Corporal Jones.

WebPilot
21st Sep 2000, 12:41
Go for it! I'm in too.

HugMonster
21st Sep 2000, 14:06
Include me in
(Samuel Goldwyn)

yogibear
21st Sep 2000, 17:41
Count me in Cap'n and booboo too...

the bear

------------------
Chopper pilots do it vertically :-)

Roland Pulfrew
21st Sep 2000, 18:58
I'm in as well - 5 badges please. Might be able to help with distribution in the Falkland Islands!!!!!!!!!!!

Flintstone
21st Sep 2000, 21:11
I'm up for it. I'll take the honorary package plus five, one for each of my body piercings ;)

[This message has been edited by Flintstone (edited 21 September 2000).]

F/O Junior
24th Sep 2000, 12:22
Great Idea ! Count me in plz.

U R NumberOne
24th Sep 2000, 16:25
I'm certainly interested in a few badges - especially one for my headset (might have to remove the Subaru Impreza badge http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif , but it'll be worth it!)

PA-28
24th Sep 2000, 17:39
Three please and the pack when it's ready

StopStart
24th Sep 2000, 18:47
Obviously I'll take several badges and a pack.
UR NumberOne - nice choice of wheels
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/scoobsmile4.gif

Girl Flyday
25th Sep 2000, 00:14
Danny, I'd certainly be game for a 'pack' and a few extra badges too... :)

HugMonster
25th Sep 2000, 02:18
I'm definitely up for a pack - but not for my headset. I'd have to remove the "Please wake me for meals" sticker, and I couldn't do that :)

miss approach
25th Sep 2000, 16:39
Please count me in as well - for the package & extra badges

Buzzoff
25th Sep 2000, 19:24
Me too - no point in trying to keep in the closet though - I keep being rumbled! Bloke's just emailed me with a "gotcha" message from Toulouse!

Conky Joe
25th Sep 2000, 22:27
Ready and waiting to hand over my hard-earned - Tom Doubt where are yooooo http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

CJ

OzExpat
26th Sep 2000, 17:27
Makes my heart glad! This is just to reconfirm my interest in the badges, stickers ... and apparel, whenever it makes its debut!

------------------

henri's consultant
27th Sep 2000, 16:24
The big question now is whether the badges will hit the streets in time to complement the Chrismas party hats and associated party paraphernalia :) :) :)

OzExpat
13th Oct 2000, 16:23
Geez but it's been a while since there was any movement on this thread! Had to use "search" to find it!
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Anyway, not to put toooo fine a point on it, but what's the latest? When will we be able to hand over the ready stuff for all the goodies? Can anyone give me an update?

------------------

InFinRetirement
13th Oct 2000, 16:48
Must have them for the Xmas Bash! only 7 weeks away.

Skylark4
14th Oct 2000, 00:47
Hugmonster,

I think your quote should read `Include me out.`
That`s what the man said but maybe the change was intentional, in which case, .......Sorreeeeeee!

Mike W.

PaulDeGearup
17th Oct 2000, 21:58
Ah geez.
Why not I'm usually so deep in the guano it won't make any difference. Count me in too

Pointer
19th Oct 2000, 23:21
Lets see .... I'll go for five of anything,
Do you accept euro's? Great idea!

------------------
What's the Point again....?

Capt PPRuNe
20th Oct 2000, 20:23
Hope to have the badges ready in time for the bash but the mail order side of things is going slow. Never have i found it so complicated and difficult to set up a credit card facility to do business over the internet from British banks.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne

AeroBoero
20th Oct 2000, 21:42
I don't care to wait a bit more as I wont attend the Bash ( http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif ) , but for the ones who are going certainly would be somethig extra.

Good idea on the credit card orders!

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

OzExpat
21st Oct 2000, 17:50
Thanks for the update, Danny. Nice to know that things are still bubbling along on this issue. I won't be at the Xmas bash either but, far as I'm concerned, you can take all the time you need, to get it set up and running right.

Just make sure it's all ready to go ... yesterday!

------------------

traveler
21st Oct 2000, 20:25
Pack is a good idea.
1 for traveler, please.

Max Pointers
22nd Oct 2000, 15:37
Me too for three at least

ExSimGuy
23rd Oct 2000, 10:55
Looking forward to it if I can pick up mine at LGWBash. Otherwise, the card idea would be invaluable.

BTW Capt, don't have any Euros, do you take Dirhams, Dinars or Drachmas?

------------------

Commander
25th Oct 2000, 01:24
Count me in for 3.

Capt PPRuNe
25th Oct 2000, 16:58
Can confirm that order for badges was placed yesterday and confirmed. Hope to have them with me for the LGW bash.

There is a delay with the setting up of the internet credit card facility though due to good old British inneficiencies in banking. Will keep you posted on progress as and when any is made.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne

KakapoKiwi
25th Oct 2000, 23:36
Definitely want one, subject to cost...unemployed pilot earning £90 per week.!!

OzExpat
28th Oct 2000, 11:58
Just making this post to return the thread to the top of the list again .. well, for a while, anyway!

Should make it easier for everyone to find it ... and for Danny to know we are all still very interested. Especially folks like me who can't attend "the bash".
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Can't wait for the online ordering facility!

------------------

Eric
30th Oct 2000, 01:11
Ditto OzExPat!

Greek God
31st Oct 2000, 16:50
Me 2 Pleez ;-0
Is this thread going to be the definitive list?

before landing check list
4th Nov 2000, 05:09
where do I send the check? I need 2 please
j

------------------
What can you conceive more silly and extravagant than to suppose a man racking his brains, and studying night and day how to fly?

— William Law, 'A Serious Call to a Devout and Holly Life XI,' 1728

Lady Heath
5th Nov 2000, 01:28
I will have 2 pleeese!!!

Thank-you

EGGW
6th Nov 2000, 01:13
I'll have a couple please :)

StressFree
7th Nov 2000, 22:13
Evening All,
I was rumbled ages ago so a badge sounds just great, put me down for a pack.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

G. Zussnut
7th Nov 2000, 22:26
One for me please!!

Tonkenna
8th Nov 2000, 04:13
One for me please, and may be able to sell a few here at Cranners. Lots of lurkers here who may be interested.

Keep up the good work Danny,

Tonks

cyclops
8th Nov 2000, 18:17
Can help with US distribution. Also have a great captive market, "You want to pass your next PT?" Meanwhile put me down for 3 pins and anything else on offer. Can provide a UK address to ease things along. Only qualifier - soonest please!!

------------------
To define the norm you must sample the excesses