PDA

View Full Version : Q400 Sim

q400_supporter
3rd May 2009, 02:18
Hi all,

whats the story with the QLink Sim sessions - how come there are so many failures out of that sim.

Is the expected standard too high???????

DeltaT
3rd May 2009, 09:30
Howcome there aren't more interview slots if there are so many failures on the sim to replace them?

KABOY
3rd May 2009, 10:39
The Q 400 is a highly demanding subsonic transport operation requiring strong airmanship and solid grounding in high speed aerodynamics.

In order for the candidate to be successful, a solid grounding in swept wing high capacity air transport aircraft above 60 ton is desirable, but supersonic time is preferable.

If the candidates cannot meet these criteria, I have a ground course that will ensure success for a small fortune.:E

Mr Whippy
3rd May 2009, 11:41
In order for the candidate to be successful, a solid grounding in swept wing high capacity air transport aircraft above 60 ton is desirable, but supersonic time is preferable.

Then none of the check and training department are qualified:}

Sim Reset
3rd May 2009, 22:01
Are we talking about Pilot Screening/Recruitment Sessions, Cyclic/Licence Renewal Sessions or Endorsement Training Sessions?

q400_supporter
4th May 2009, 02:46
Sim Reset - I understand cyclic's and also during endorsement training.

been a few upset people amongst the troops especially depending on who their sim checker is.

senshi
4th May 2009, 03:11
Did a sim assessment interview recently in it and it crashed twice.. a little unnerving.. apparently the installation was rushed last year??

Sim Reset
4th May 2009, 03:34
I had trouble initially flying the q400 sim. She is a different beast to fly compared with the Dash 8/100 sim and obviously different to the larger aircraft simulators, eg 744/A380/330/767

I found that I had to make a conscious effort to use the rudders more and "fly the numbers".

It might be beneficial for Qlink to offer "fixed base training sessions" (book your own, back of the clock, practice session), prior to your renewal, just like Qantas offer their pilots.

Sim Reset
4th May 2009, 03:43
apparently the installation was rushed last year??

Passed CASA fidelity like any other simulator. Full Level D accreditation. Installation time was average for a fully developed production line type full flight simulator. This sim is made by Flight Safety International and they have made a few Dash 8 400 sims before.