View Full Version : Hong Kong Airlines/hong Kong Express

intelligentpilot
2nd May 2009, 15:15
Sister companies, but salary the same.

You think you guys are hard done by, try living in one of the most expensive cities in the world and earning this.
Salary figures can be confirmed on PPJN.

737-800 Captain basic Salary = 30000 HKD per month (3867 USD)
737-800 F/O basic salary = 17500 HKD per month (2255 USD)
Those figures are before tax.

No increase in pay each year. A 20 year pilot will earn the same as a 1st year pilot.

No pension, no gratuity. Only 1,500 HKD (193 USD)will be contributed into your provident fund (MPF) per month, after the first 13 months service in the company.

Annual leave = 28 days per annum. No credit given or extra annual leave given for working public holidays. No extra pay for working public holiday.

No flights home to home country.

Roster still unstable, even after 4 years they can not get it right.

No housing allowance.

They have flight pay but with no minimum guarantee. You really could earn Base salary, and not much more.

No communication. You do not realize your getting a pay cut until your paycheck comes through or not. They do not even send an email to explain their plans.:confused::mad:

Labour law in Hong Kong supports the company not the employee. Employee has no rights.

You disagree with changes to contract = employment terminated with no reason.

Bonded for 15,000 USD - 50,000 USD even if your type rated with experience on type. Bond period 1-5 years:yuk:

Good things about these companies...... NIL :eek:

If your considering working here, apply for ANY OTHER AIRLINE IN THE WORLD, or jump off a building. Both are better options.:yuk:

Bealzebub
25th May 2009, 16:45
So?

Don't apply then. It is a market like any other. If too few people are willing to sell their labour at that price, they will have to offer more. On the other hand if they have no problem filling the positions they will not only be justified in the terms they offer, but might seek to adjust them to better reflect the realities of the market.

intelligentpilot
28th May 2009, 15:35
botaxgendeng (http://www.pprune.org/members/251476-botaxgendeng) I was a captain there so my upgrade has nothing to do with it.

This salary package is current at May June 2009. Any changes in the future will be for the worse.

I posted the salary package here because I just wanted the pilots looking for employment here to know the facts, not what is promised by the company.

To answer another questtion... Flight pay might add up to 10-20,000 on top of basic, but no minimum guarantee.

Do not bother trying to get a job here unless you like to be lied to, intimidated and paid lower than most 737 operators, in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

If you do accept a job here and move your self and family here, expect your contract and all promises made to be changed after you have resigned from your current job and moved here. The changes will be made to your signed contract without consultation and you can not do a thing about it. A contract means nothing in Hong Kong.

Try to get a job with ANY other company than Hong Kong Airlines or Hong Kong Express. They are not worth the disappointment. Trust me. Do not say I didn’t warn you. And yes unemployment is a better option than working there.

A-3TWENTY
31st May 2009, 03:51
I have a very close friend flying there and this is true !!!

He nicknamed the company of Hong kong Air lies....

He is going to Shenzhen which is just across the bridge. Double the salary and half the cost of living...

arba
31st May 2009, 05:19
3867 USD for a PIC ?? I know my Dispatcher get 3900 USD.

takamasa
9th Aug 2009, 21:14
any updates from these companies???

condorbaaz
12th Jul 2010, 12:06
what is the latest

condorbaaz
28th Aug 2010, 12:07
Come on guys too busy

Oscar84
8th Sep 2010, 11:51
Hello.I just recieved an email from HK xpress just 1 month ago, requesting me a lot of documents to convalidate my license.Can tell me anybody if any of you hava the same email?I'm still waiting to hear something about them, because they told me by email that it will be more or less around 21 working days.I'm very apreciated about any information.Thank's a lot for your helpbest regards

zimoke
8th Sep 2010, 16:09
Got the same email as you Oscar. Sent off an application.

condorbaaz
11th Sep 2010, 06:34
same here but its a gmail address?
I hope not a scam

bananaman2
11th Sep 2010, 14:52
... a mate of mine told me they were currently scheduling interviews and I'm afraid it's one of those where you may send off the application form and unless they're interested in seeing you, then don't expect to hear from them again. Also, by the sounds of it, i'd hazzard a guess they're not gonna pay for your flight over (if interviewing in HK) so it would be a waste of everyone's time and money to drag you half-way across the world (even if happy to do so). I believe they're only hiring Type Rated 330 pilot's anyhow as they don't generally pay for the Type Rating and/or conversion.

condorbaaz
11th Sep 2010, 16:55
I am typed on 330
the question is -is it worth it?

bananaman2
11th Sep 2010, 19:15
... that's only a question you can answer condorbaaz... however I thought with a 330 Rating and presumably some good experience under your belt you'd be a good bet for a lot of the airlines and recruitment consultants out there - I gather HK Airlines is just one of many with 330 jobs going at the moment but I guess it all comes down to personal preferences (for instance Korean Airlines has been looking for 330 pilot's for ages but whether you'd rather live in Hong Kong or Korea vs the wages involved is another matter).

Oscar84
12th Sep 2010, 13:26
Yes concorbazIt was a gmail direcction.They requested me to send all the documents, all the application form completed, and wait more or less 21 working days.Is the same situation than you?Did you heard anything new?

Oscar84
12th Sep 2010, 13:29
Yes concorbazIt was a gmail direcction.They requested me to send all the documents, all the application form completed, and wait more or less 21 working days.Is the same situation than you?Did you heard anything new?

upspeed
12th Sep 2010, 23:19
Got the same email. Sent off application. A320 rated.
:rolleyes:

condorbaaz
22nd Sep 2010, 16:00
any one from HKA say which routes you fly on a330

pamudiro
22nd Sep 2010, 22:35
Bangkok and Moscow.:ok:

condorbaaz
26th Sep 2010, 20:05
thanks Pamudiro
Cargo bird started flying yet? What about Tokyo?

condorbaaz
10th Oct 2010, 17:36
believe they had a round of interviews last week.
Abt a dozen, non type rated p1 and p2 were invited.

pamudiro
10th Oct 2010, 18:49
There are interviews for the A330 but all of them aretype rated on the 330 or the 320.

Neron36
7th Nov 2010, 07:17
How long does it take for a senior F/O to get an upgrade there in the 737 fleet?
Is it worth it to move from a Chinese Cargo company to HongKong Airlines?
Thanks.

jetjoker
9th Nov 2010, 19:24
Does anybody have some info on the A330 cargo routes?

Have they openned any new European routes?

KKAARR
10th Nov 2010, 05:26
Hey guys i got a letter from HKA regarding License conversion or something... They are demanding payorder of 170 HK$ in the name of Government of HongKong Special Administrative branch... Was Wondering watz gonna happen next and are they really recruiting rightnow...?? :rolleyes:

condorbaaz
11th Nov 2010, 09:57
Good show.

HurryUp&Retire
11th Nov 2010, 22:44
Can some one clarify something for me
Does the company require frozen ATPL or an ATPL.
Website sayd frozen, but i just got an email to fill out an app and they are asking abt my ATPL information.

thanks
:confused:

Jabiman
11th Nov 2010, 23:55
Funnily enough, this thread was originally started to advise pilots NOT to work for this airline.

Chocks Away
12th Nov 2010, 22:11
Yes, quite ironic isn't it Jabiman.
Sadly, I think this is in full-swing, (http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/option,com_docman/task,doc_view/gid,24/Itemid,85.html) globally now.

Moretimeoff
25th Nov 2010, 09:15
What is the current pay for a Senior F/O and how many hours is this based on? Thanks in advance.

BIRIMBAO
1st Dec 2010, 15:34
Hello Guys,
I just got an invitation from AirHkg for the interview Jan 2011. Can anybody provide me information about the interview ? How is the working enviorment at AirHkg ? Salary ? and Rostering ? :confused:
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks

schweizer
1st Dec 2010, 15:45
hey mate,

Best thing to do is go on the fragrant harbour sub-forums, you'll find it if you scroll down.

Being from hong kong, i should warn you to do some serious research in living conditions in HK based on the salary you'll receive with AHK.
Im not too sure what the pay is like but i heard its not a nice deal! If theres no housing allowance, i strongly recommend you only sign for AHK on a last resort basis!

Anyways best of luck and hope you can find all the information you're looking for

Stallone
1st Dec 2010, 15:45
http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-wannabes/429535-air-hong-kong-expats.html

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-wannabes/430054-hka-interview.html

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/432608-air-hong-kong-b744f-captain-jobs.html

fragrant harbour subforum will be a better place for your question

jetjoker
3rd Dec 2010, 01:33
Does anybody know if they are hiring plans for A330 Captains rated in the near future?

Thank you

B737CL
19th Dec 2010, 14:07
Hi@all
I have recieved this email;
However, we do not have route network between HKG and your country. you may need to have your own travel arrangement for the interview. When your flight detail becomes available, please let us know as this would enable us to plan for your interview schedule.

Okay i am without Job for more than 10months but i will never pay for my trip to HK to be hired.
Cheers

spidersurf
21st Dec 2010, 08:42
HELLO,

i was invited for the next year, but i have to pay my travel , hotel , food.......
it´s more than 1000 € just for an interview
are we crazy???
i think i am going to say NO, thanks

what do you think?
are u in the same trouble?

bye bye

break_break
21st Dec 2010, 12:53
C'mon gents, please do yourself a big favor by NOT entertaining these twits.Read the background info on them, most if not all are rejects copilots from Singapore Air that somehow made their way to upgrade. I'm most disgusted with the way they treat honest and truthful applicants who have been jobless for months and shelled out such big chunk for interview and only to be blushed aside so casually with stupid excuse like the candidates are not current. (They could have just rejected them right from beginning cant they?)
I say do your best to waste their time, since they have no respect for you. They are still many other jobs out there, all the best.