PDA

View Full Version : QF LAMEs CNS face redundancy

FMU
2nd May 2009, 02:09
I have heard that QF BNE mgr MT arrived in CNS during the week and handed out redundancy papers to all the CNS LAMEs. The LAMEs had the option of accepting, or redeploying to BNE HM, or doing nothing. Anyone got any other info on this? Is the ALAEA aware of this? (I’m sure they will be very soon!) What is the associations’ position?

hannibal lector
2nd May 2009, 07:49
Typical mismanagement again

ampclamp
2nd May 2009, 22:04
1st I've heard of it.Give the office a call on Monday to get the facts.Hope its a furphy.
I hear there are still some lame's in BNE that are awaiting the redundancy packages they accepted last time but cant be let go cos they are too short of arms,legs and licenses.:rolleyes:
Geniuses.

Long Bay Mauler
3rd May 2009, 09:16
If this is true, how come the union doesnt seem to know yet?

Plus surely word would have spread quicker than this.

bdcer
3rd May 2009, 10:13
Yep, heard similar from a good source, 5-6 to redundancies?

The Mr Fixit
4th May 2009, 07:36
Confirmed through Union source on Sunday

6 positions to go in CNS, all efforts will be made to avoid redundancy if it is not desired.

ALAEA is keeping a close eye on this one especially given the track records of the two excessive OT DMMs who have deepened their honeypot at the expense of others, word is that both will be made redundant and a station engineer will be made up.

Info from company source says GH is aware of their OT scam but refuses to do anything or even acknowledge it, have the ALAEA told Strambi or Joyce ?

division1
4th May 2009, 10:18
whats with the cns dmm's?
were they scabbing pricks during the pia?
if thats the case they won't be welcome in BNE.

domo
4th May 2009, 18:53
[QUOTE]whats with the cns dmm's?
were they scabbing pricks during the pia?
if thats the case they won't be welcome in BNE./QUOTE]

They will be safe, is it a last on first out

sniggiH
5th May 2009, 11:13
I can confirm that 6 positions will be going from cairns.If enough people dont accept the package or transfer,it will go to the interview process. I have been preparing selected people for this process for 18months now. By training certain people on A330 ahead of others that deserve it and by running other employees down that don't fit the mould.(eg,wont scab in industrial action,have a spine,are competent at their job and dont suck up to management).G.H has now moved up the tree now and has assured me my position is safe, i will still be rewarded even on top of all the overtime i haved managed to secure for myself,NotseW and the all the senoir LAME's. Cairns overtime abuse has blown over, I am truly untouchable!!!! :):) Yours forever against the ALAEA sniggiH.:D

hannibal lector
5th May 2009, 12:02
Stop trolling W#$*&%. You are all F@%#$& in CNS

aveng
6th May 2009, 01:32
Perhaps we should post (real) positions vacant around the network and give these guys in CNS a real choice. Or could it be that these (real) positions are not being approved until the CNS lames are put where the company wants them ie. BNE heavy.

1) Open request for 9 staff in Perth. :hmm:

CTMike
6th May 2009, 04:46
You are dreaming if you think your job is safe.Cns cant sustain 2 Dmm's and 6 seniors.Blind freddy can see it will end up with 1 dmm working weekday dayshift (there goes the big pay cheque but the 2 years of overtime rorting should help cover that).But i have to give you credit for training all your bum boys on the 330 in an attempt to keep them in cns. Looks like your incompetent management skills are going to come back to bite you. Your inability to get any extra work will ulimately cost you your job.If you try and relocate somewhere else you are in for a rough ride,i believe you have allready rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in bne. Any other station you try and go to people have been pre-warned about your morals and greed. Ask one of your boys how friendly everyone was with him when he went on training recently, i believe he got plenty of shoulders and they were all cold. All i can say is you made your bed now lie in it. You deseve everything thats coming too you sniggih.Go and get F:mad: KED you scab dog!!!!!!!!!

Clipped
6th May 2009, 06:17
Oh calm down girls before we get kicked off this forum.

Actually thought sniggiH's post was hilarious.

FMU
6th May 2009, 07:24
Hey CTMike, have another read of sniggiH post- I also thought it hilarious and a good pi** take!!

CTMike
6th May 2009, 12:15
I have read it several times and i don't like it.i cant believe his nerve.:*

torquebox
7th May 2009, 03:27
Any word sniggiH on what is going to happen to the apprentice that got a transfer to cairns because of his "special" case??

turtlehead
7th May 2009, 17:29
Hey CT......Sounds like you're a bit worried about your job at the moment......did you get an upgade to J class the other week???????:=

The Mr Fixit
7th May 2009, 23:36
Its all about to get very interesting up north, seems the number crunchers are looking at the cost of the base in individual terms rather than a whole cost hopefully the dirt will come out in the washing.

On a brighter note spoke to my councillor yesterday and he said the Union will be applying the last on first off theory therefore the puppets will be left dangling. And yes there is serious talk of getting rid of both DMMs and replacing them with a Station Engineer gotta love poetic justice.

HARDNUT
8th May 2009, 00:02
The apprentice is the only one that has his job assured. After what has happened at this station the Dmm's will be first to go.They think all their actions haven't been noticed. Mangement in Sydney knows what they have been up to, and their days are numbered.

lordofthewings
9th May 2009, 08:48
Hey, theres a **** load of LAMES in Adelaide that should be made redundent...Actually no, that would reward them,,they should just be shown the door

the rim
10th May 2009, 11:59
the rest are welcome in bne to do a swap so the guys waiting for redundancy can go as they have not been told its not off yet....but they have not been told its not on either..:\

sniggiH
12th May 2009, 08:55
I have been promised the Ops Managers position by G.H,he and i go way back. I cant wait to get down there i have bled Cairns dry.I will be welcomed with open arms down there i havent got on anyones bad side.:confused::confused::confused: Have i?????? sniggiH.

the rim
12th May 2009, 10:30
ooohhh yes please come to bne ......you will love all the mateship that you have enjoyed in cns......and the overtime....maybe you can get a a330 course and return to ool...well maybe not as "can-do" has that in the bag

splashback
25th May 2009, 07:10
What is happening with the redundoes in cns.----all seems to have gone quite. Any info?

turtlehead
26th May 2009, 05:38
Q : What is happening with the redundoes in cns.----all seems to have gone quite. Any info?

I heard a rumour that at least 5 have put their hand up for either redundancy or redeployment....no names though.???? Can any of the CNS boys confirm this????

AlanShore
30th May 2009, 13:30
Heard from a reliable source up north that 2 guys are moving back to the big smoke and 3 others are about to be looking for alternative employment. No names though and don't know about number 6.

lamem
4th Jun 2009, 11:27
Managers got an email today to say that the 6 positions in CNS are confirmed. 2 to move BASE and 4 to depart the company for greener fields.

the rim
4th Jun 2009, 12:24
did the 4 want to relocate but were told NO ??? and do the other 2 really want to go to syd or was that the only option besides the big house in bne

FMU
4th Jun 2009, 14:15
I believe that the 6 LAMEs in CNS are all leaving or being redeployed of their own free will. The guys who took VR are happy, and the guys moving back to SYD are formerly from there anyway. So I guess it is a win/win for all parties. To the guys that are leaving- good luck for the future. To the LAMEs that remain in sunny CNS- here's hoping for prosperous times ahead.

SpannerTwister
4th Jun 2009, 14:48
Hopefully it sounds like alls well that ended well !!!!

SpannerTwister

4th Jun 2009, 23:23
Good luck to you all!

B.Dawson
10th Jun 2009, 04:02
The 2 things i'll regret about leaving Qf is 1/ having worked with the finest engineers and good mates , and 2/ seeing the 2 dmm's fall on their own swords(they have such a good reputation around the network),and hopefully their little lap dogs as well. i'm glad qf is no longer telling me how to live my life!!!Bye ye-all

not4thefainthearted
10th Jun 2009, 05:17
B. Dawson.
Falling on their sword is the honourable thing to do. Of course there being no honour amongst thieves this is unlikely to happen.

KING GEORGE II
10th Jun 2009, 09:50
yes mr dawson i too am leaving, but off to the greener internet pastures of sydney (and away from the looney pastors of cns). With the leadership skills that sniggi and his little subordinate have passed on to me i assume i'll be KGII team A380 in no time. (does anyone know if i can get the net in the 1st class seat of the big bird?). Cns has been great, all the boys on the floor have busted their balls to allow me to keep up to date on the tour de france and i appreciate them giving me the big thumbs up to go to on jolly''s around the world. The o/t i made during the PIA, i'm thinking of putting towards funding some seriously nice gifts to the management in Sydney so we could possibly get the net on our work trolleys.
So to all the blokes in cns, a big thank you.
To sniggi and the little goat killer, i'm such a better person/leader since you bought me that comfy chair.
KGII
ps, whats the broadband like out in the sticks of sydney?

KING GEORGE II
10th Jun 2009, 22:01
hey Baz, all is forgotten. I know it's your farewell tonight but we got a delicate issue of a broken jet in Guam (i just looked it up on the net, it's a little place just up the road that sniggi hasn't sent me to yet). Unfortunately sniggi and the little benny hinn didn''t envisage that the noisy big things outside would break down and now we're in a dilly of a pickle. Any chance of a group hug and some flying spanner work.
:{